The Hoan Bridge Project
The I-794 Freeway and the Daniel Hoan Bridge are key links in southeast Wisconsin's transportation network that connects Interstate 794 in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin to the Lake Freeway across the Milwaukee River inlet.
The Wisconsin DOT is moving forward on a project to make major improvements to the Daniel Hoan Bridge and the I-794 Freeway. WisDOT is beginning design work this fall to reconstruct the three segments of I-794, including the Hoan Bridge.
Moving forward to make major improvements to Daniel Hoan Bridge and I-794 Freeway. Project divided into three segments:
I-794 East-West (Milwaukee River - Lake Interchange)
- Remove and replace bridges with new structures
Lake Interchange (I-794 East-West - Hoan Bridge)
- Concrete overlay and concrete surface repair
- Ramp reconfiguration planned as a seperate project
Hoan Bridge (Lake Interchange - Lincoln Ave.)
- Remove and replace existing bridge deck and make structural modifications
- Blast clean and repaint bridge steel
- Hoan Bridge's life span with a new deck is expected to last about 40-50 years
Project will ensure connectivity with the Port of Milwaukee and economic vitality far into the future.