Personal Information means individually identifiable information, such as a first and last name, a home or other physical address, phone number, an e-mail address or other contact information, whether at work or at home.
The personal information you voluntarily provide, e.g., via a feedback form, is used to fulfill a request. Wisconsin 511 may use this information to inform you of service information or other news of value to you. Wisconsin 511 or its contracted vendors do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone, or disclose personal information except:
- When the purpose and manner of the disclosure has been disclosed to you prior to your providing the information; or
- When disclosure is required by law.
Wisconsin 511 does:
- Forward e-mails that ask questions or provide comments on services provided by public agencies for their response;
- Use standard web technologies to generate aggregate usage statistics in order to improve the user experience and system performance; and
- Use third-party contractors to operate our Wisconsin 511 services, who will have access to Personal Information solely for the benefit of the program and will be required to comply with privacy policies as provided in this Policy.
Wisconsin 511 Program
The Wisconsin 511 web system collects and uses Personal Information. The treatment of Personal Information entered in the web system is described in the section below.
Wisconsin 511 may request Personal Information when you submit comments about the website or when you participate in a website survey, poll or blog. You may also be asked to provide information when subscribing to an email newsletter or email alerts. You do not need to provide the Personal Information requested as part of these 511wi.gov web-based programs or services, though you may not be able to use some or all of the features of certain programs or services without providing the information.
We may collect the following information when you visit our website:
- Date and time
- Your internet location (IP address) and Service Provider
- Bytes sent and bytes received
- Time lapsed on website
- Pages visited
- Website Referrer
- Type and configuration of software you used to visit our site
Cookies are small files which can be placed on your computer by Web servers when you visit certain sites. These files may contain information such as IDs and passwords, personal information, or preferences. During your visit, the server can access these files to help personalize pages or allow you to navigate more easily. Wisconsin 511 does not set cookies from any page in the 511wi.gov domain. Wisconsin 511 sets cookies with information about user’s preferences, only for the convenience of users who use these areas repeatedly. If you are concerned about privacy, you may set up your browser not to accept cookies, or you can delete them from your computer or device once you leave the section.
Wisconsin 511 welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the site. Wisconsin 511 stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback will be used to administer and refine the service and may be shared with public agencies either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with any requests or questions.