North Central Region Road Construction Update #36
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) provides weekly road construction updates for counties in North Central Wisconsin: Adams, Green Lake, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Marquette, Menominee, Oneida, Portage, Price, Shawano, Vilas, Waupaca, Waushara, and Wood.
This is the last construction update from the North Central Region for 2019!
Highway: WIS 22
Location: Main and Montello Streets, 5th Street to North Junction WIS 23
Schedule: October 7, 2019 to November 2019. Work to resume in spring 2020.
Traffic impacts: There are no current traffic impacts.
Anticipated work schedule: Cold weather has caused the suspension of work operations. Remaining work includes pouring the permanent concrete barrier wall and concrete cap behind the barrier wall along the Montello River.
Highway: Business 51
Location: Mac Arthur Way – Minnesota Avenue
Schedule: March 18, 2019 to Spring 2020
- Traffic on Business 51 and County HH remains reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Pedestrian traffic is utilizing the sidewalk on the east side of Business 51 and the south side of County HH.
- Traffic on Business 51 has been reduced to one lane in each direction between Hickory Drive and Minnesota Avenue.
Anticipated work scheduled for next week:
- Crews will continue working on installing pavement markings along Business 51 and County HH.
- Crews will complete the removal of the temporary signal lights and poles in the Business 51/County HH intersection.
Highway: County M (Local Project)
Location: Bridge over Embarrass River, between Meisner Road and Schertz Lane, Village of Tigerton
Project Update: Crews plan to open the bridge on Wednesday, November 27. During winter, the road will be a gravel surface at a reduced speed of 35 mph through the project. Crews will return in spring to complete the project.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s North Central region:
- Follow us on Twitter @WisDOTNorthCent
- Visit the region’s 511 website: http://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/.