Early September 2015 – Late May 2016
- Southbound US 51 traffic (2 lanes) will be shifted to the new exit ramp bridge utilizing temporary connections to mainline.
- The main item of work is the new southbound US 51 bridge over Cottage Grove Road.
- A City of Madison project began in April 2016 on Cottage Grove Road simultaneously which will affect traffic. There will be one lane of traffic in each direction, westbound and eastbound, at all times. These lanes will be switched to different areas of the roadway utilizing crossovers to accommodate construction activities. Work will be completed in November 2016.
- For more information, on this project, visit the City of Madison website.
Late May – October 2016
- Southbound US 51 entrance from Cottage Grove Road will be closed for approximately 8 weeks beginning May 23rd for removal of the temporary ramp widening and paving of the mainline. The exit ramp will remain open during this period for approximately 6 additional weeks, but will then also be closed to construct the final ramp connections.
- Southbound US 51 traffic (2 lanes) will be shifted to the new mainline bridge over Cottage Grove Road.
- The main item of work is removing temporary connections and constructing permanent connections.
Stage 2 of construction.