The WIS 96 Reconstruction Project is located on WIS 96 (Green Bay Road) in the city of Kaukauna, Outagamie County, Wis. The project limits run for approximately 0.55 miles from approximately 450 feet east of Lawe Street to 480 feet east of Claribel Street.
- Construction will begin April 6 and continue to the end of August 2020.
- See construction schedule in bar chart pdf
- The roadway will be closed and detoured during construction.
- Detour will use: WIS 55 (Delanglade), County OO (Hyland/E Frontage Road), and County JJ
- View detour map
- Local traffic access to property owners and businesses along WIS 96 will be maintained throughout the project.
The existing pavement is deteriorating. This is a reconstruction-level improvement with complete replacement of pavement and subgrade. Construction includes:
- Reconstruction of the existing roadway
- Replacement of the existing concrete pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks and storm sewer
- Creation of on-street bicycle accommodations
- Correction of substandard intersection angles at Washington Street and Grant Street/Plank Road
- Installation of a new lighting system
- View project display
New roadway section
The new highway section will consist of a 44-foot wide urban roadway with one lane of traffic in each direction. This section will include a bike lane on both the north and south sides of the street as well as a parking lane on the south side. Terrace widths will be increased to 4 feet and the sidewalk width will be 5 feet. The proposed right-of-way limits will vary beyond the back of the sidewalk.
- View new roadway section
Business signing during detour
Temporary business signing may be placed during the detoured portion of the project by filling out a WisDOT business signing permit. All temporary business signing needs approval via the permit before placement to ensure it is in a safe location and does not pose a visual distraction or traffic hazard. The temporary business signing permit is free. Costs associated with creating the temporary sign are the responsibility of the business.
Temporary Business Sign permits are available as a fillable-form WORD download (above) or you can request one from WisDOT Project Manager Tim Rank, P.E., by calling (920) 360-2579 or email Tim.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email the completed permit as an attachment to Tim, or if you prefer to mail the completed form, please address to: Tim Rank, WisDOT NE Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304.
- Temporary Business Sign Permit (WORD) – Please follow instructions on the permit.