WIS 441 Tri-County Project
Welcome to the WIS 441 Tri-County Project construction website! The WIS 441 Tri-County Project will reconstruct and expand approximately 6 miles of US 10 / WIS 441 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes between Cold Spring Road (County CB) and Oneida Street (US 10) in Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties and reconstruct five interchanges and the Roland Kampo Bridge.
Highlights of the project include:
- Constructing a 2nd parallel bridge over Little Lake Butte des Morts.
- Reconstructing the I-41/WIS 441/US 10 system-to-system interchange to provide free flow movements to and from all highways.
- Re-aligning US 10/WIS 441 to provide a safer facility designed for 70-mph.
- Reconstructing the Appleton Road (WIS 47), Racine Road (County P), Midway Road (County AP) and Oneida Street (US 10) interchanges to provide a safer facility.
- Adding auxiliary lanes on I-41 for safer highway merges.
What exactly is going to be built, and where? WIS 441 Project Timeline
The project is needed to address safety concerns and traffic demands on one of the region’s vital transportation routes. Currently, the crash rates on US 10/WIS 441 exceed statewide averages for similar urban freeways. Traffic volume is expected to rise on US 10/WIS 441 in the years ahead, and additional traffic lanes are needed to safely accommodate this increase. The existing interchanges also need safety and capacity improvements.
WIS 441 Meetings – You can find maps, designs, interchange-specific construction schedules, handouts, and more from pubic meetings specific to the construction staging area.
Improved interchange designs – See what the new interchanges will look like when complete.
Noise barrier brochure – How does the Wisconsin Department of Transportation decide if or where a noise barrier is going?
Sign up for WIS 441 Project updates via email
If you would like to sign up for a weekly update on WIS 441/US 10/I-41 traffic alerts, construction updates, and project information, please send your email address to:
Melissa Kok, WisDOT Assistant Region Communications Manager