NOTE: This project is complete as of November 15, 2019. Webpage for reference only.
Welcome to the WIS 441 Tri-County Project construction website! The WIS 441 Tri-County Project will reconstruct and expand approximately 6 miles of US 10 / WIS 441 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes between Cold Spring Road (County CB) and Oneida Street (US 10) in Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties and reconstruct five interchanges and the Roland Kampo Bridge.
- Constructing a 2nd parallel bridge over Little Lake Butte des Morts. (complete)
- Reconstructing the I-41/WIS 441/US 10 system-to-system interchange to provide free flow movements to and from all highways. (complete)
- Re-aligning US 10/WIS 441 to provide a safer facility designed for 70-mph.
- Reconstructing the Appleton Road (WIS 47), Racine Road (County P), Midway Road (County AP) and Oneida Street (US 10) interchanges to provide a safer facility. (complete)
- Adding auxiliary lanes on I-41 for safer highway merges. (complete)
The project finishes in 2019 with lane additions on WIS 441. You can view all work completed and remaining on the map below.
The project is needed to address safety concerns and traffic demands on one of the region’s vital transportation routes. Currently, the crash rates on US 10/WIS 441 exceed statewide averages for similar urban freeways. Traffic volume is expected to rise on US 10/WIS 441 in the years ahead, and additional traffic lanes are needed to safely accommodate this increase. The existing interchanges also need safety and capacity improvements.
Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) now OPEN at WIS 441/Oneida Street interchange!
- Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) Video – Oneida Street/US10 to WIS 441 – Animated video
- Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) Video – WIS 441 to Oneida St. – Animated video
DDI educational guides (pdf)
- How to drive a DDI brochure – This easy-to-understand brochure shows drivers exactly what they need to know when driving in a DDI.
- DDI guide for pedestrians and bicyclists – This easy-to-understand guide shows pedestrians and bicyclists what they need to know when walking or riding through a DDI.
- Large Truck DDI brochure
- Project Quantities
- Note: Quantity statistics include the new bridges over LLBDM and everything west of there. These statistics do not include the Racine interchange and any work to the east.
- WIS 441/Oneida St. interchange, Midway Road and Oneida St. construction map – This detailed map shows all construction work zones and dates of construction for 2017-2019 in the WIS 441/Oneida Street interchange, Midway Road, and US 10 location.
- WIS 441 Meetings – You can find maps, designs, interchange-specific construction schedules, handouts, and more from pubic meetings specific to the construction staging area.
- Note: Public outreach is complete for this project.
- Improved interchange designs – See what the new interchanges look.
- City of Appleton utility project on US 10 (Oneida Street) – This construction to the north of the WIS 441/Oneida Street interchange is under the authority of the city of Appleton and separate from the WIS 441 Project.
- Noise Barrier Brochure– How does the Wisconsin Department of Transportation decide if or where a noise barrier is going?
- For renderings of noise barriers on the project, please see displays and information from our WIS 441 noise barrier public meeting.
WIS 441 Project traffic updates and road closures
- WIS 441 weekly closure report and news you need to know – Our weekly closure report shows all the short-term and long-term traffic impacts on the WIS 441 Project. It is publish every Friday with a look ahead to next week’s traffic impact.
- Twitter: @WIS441I41News or https://twitter.com/WIS441I41News – Get daily traffic updates and the latest breaking news on the WIS 441 Project.
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WIS441I41News – The WIS 441 Facebook page is great for daily photos, maps and interesting news about the WIS 441 Project.
- Contact Mark Kantola, Regional Communication Manager, email@example.com
For information regarding all northeast Wisconsin construction projects, detours, local transportation news and much, much more: