This website details Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region construction taking place on WIS 32 in Brown County. Read Construction Start News Release
Construction will take place between the WIS 32/WIS 29 interchange and Cedar Street in the village of Pulaski. Construction is split into two project IDs with specific locations noted below and on maps.
- WIS 32 in the village of Pulaski, Brown County, from County B to Cedar Street (Project ID 9190-20-00)
- View project location in map (pdf)
- WIS 32 from the WIS 29/WIS 32 interchange in the town of Pittsfield to County B in the village of Pulaski (Project ID 9190-23-00)
- View project location in pdf map (pdf)
- View projects location in interactive map
Construction public handout
WisDOT has created a public handout for the this project. Please feel free to download, print and share with anyone who does not have access to this website.
- Download WIS 32 Construction Handout
- June 1, 2021 through September 2021
- Full closures of WIS 32 begins June 9, 2021
Description of improvements
WIS 32: WIS 29/32 interchange to Pulaski (Project ID 9190-23-00). Construction includes below improvements on 3.97 miles of WIS 32.
- Milling and paving using cold-in-place recycling of the existing pavement
- Milling and paving the WIS 32/County B roundabout
- Extending the box culvert just north of Hawthorn Drive
- Constructing barrier around the base of the bridge piers for the WIS 29 overpass at the WIS 29/WIS 32 interchange
- Replacing 8 culverts crossing WIS 32
- New centerline and shoulder rumble strips
- New pavement markings and signing
WIS 32: Village of Pulaski between County B to Cedar Street (Project ID 9190-20-00). Construction includes below improvements on 0.86 miles of WIS 32.
- Milling and paving WIS 32
- Widening the roadway to construct left turn lanes at the intersections of Blue Heron Dr. and Glenbrook Dr.
- Concrete overlay of bridge deck and beam guard replacement just north of County B
- Replacing 3 pipe culverts crossing WIS 32
- Replacing storm sewer pipe
- Replacing sidewalk pedestrian ramp at Karcz Drive
- New pavement markings and signing
- June 9 to July 14: WIS 32 CLOSED and detoured for thru traffic from WIS 29 to East Cedar Street.
- Local access to all residences and businesses will be maintained throughout the project. Please see temporary signing options below.
- The County B roundabout will remain open for east-west traffic, except when it is being milled and overlaid with asphalt (dates TBA).
- On July 14, WIS 32 north of County B, including the roundabout, will be completed and open to traffic.
- WIS 32 will be opened to traffic for Pulaski Polka Days.
- July 19 to start of school: WIS 32 CLOSED from WIS 29 to County B until school begins in early September 2021.
- Any remaining work after school begins will be completed under traffic with single lane closures and flagging.
- Detour: Thru traffic will be directed to use WIS 29 and WIS 160.
- NOTE: The detour will be taken down for Pulaski Polka Days.
- View detour map
- An alternate route for southbound WIS 32 to County B will also be provided utilizing County S and County C.
Temporary Business Signing
Temporary business signing may be placed during the detoured portion of the project by filling out a WisDOT business signing permit. All temporary business signing needs approval via the permit before placement to ensure it is in a safe location and does not pose a visual distraction or traffic hazard. The temporary business signing permit is free. Costs associated with creating the temporary sign are the responsibility of the business. Please keep the following items in mind regarding business signing:
- Temporary business signing cannot be placed on traffic control devices or state signs. Business signs attached to these devices will be removed.
- It is encouraged that businesses team up to have multiple businesses advertised on one sign structure versus several individual signs. This makes it easier for travelers to identify signs and find their destination.
Temporary Business Sign permits are available as a fillable-form WORD download (below) or you can request one from project engineer Kurt Vogel at (920) 362-1732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download Temporary Business Signing Permit (with instructions)
- Please email the completed permit to Kurt, or if you prefer to mail the completed form, please address to: 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304
In This Together Business Resource
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. While signing and other marketing/advertising during the construction is up to the business, WisDOT has business resources available through its “In This Together” website to assist businesses with planning for construction closures and to minimize the impact of construction. For more information, please visit WisDOT’s In This Together website at https://wisconsindot.gov/Together
On-site Project Construction Contact
An onsite construction project leader and field office is available for construction-related questions.
- Onsite construction manager: Kurt Vogel, P.E., WisDOT Engineer, email@example.com Phone: (920) 362-1732
- Field office location : 6260 Quarry Dr. Pulaski, WI 54162
If you have design or questions related to project development, please contact below.
Andrew Fulcer, P. E., WisDOT Project Manager
944 Vanderperren Way
Green Bay, WI 54304
Phone: (920) 362-6126