The project will resurface more than 22 miles of WIS 16 from US 51 near the City of Portage to Fall River-Columbus Road near the City of Columbus in Columbia County. The projects will consist of resurfacing WIS 16 from US 51 to Otsego Road with a two-inch mill and four-inch asphalt overlay, and resurfacing WIS 16 from Otsego Road to Fall River-Columbus Road with a two-inch mill and four-inch asphalt overlay.
Additional improvements include:
- Replacement of bridge structure over the Crawfish River south of Fall River
- Installation of guard rail end terminals to replace existing non-standard end terminals
- Installation of permanent pavement marking
- Increased paved shoulder from three feet to five feet
- Installation of shoulder rumble strips