This project is located in the city of Manitowoc on US 10/WIS 42/Waldo Blvd. from County R to Maritime Drive.
The purpose of the project is to address the deteriorating pavement structure that has reached the end of its service life, and to improve safety along the corridor.
- Urban reconstruction from Fleetwood Drive to Martime Drive
- Resurfacing from County R to Fleetwood Drive
- Construction of a roundabout at WIS 42 and Maritime Drive intersection
- Realignment of Menasha Avenue intersection
- Signal replacement at the following intersections:
- County R
- 18th Street (County Q)
- 11th Street
- 8th Street (County B)
- Replace box culvert west of Fleetwood Drive
- Rehab/resurfacing of structure over Canadian National Railroad
- Construction will begin in April 8, 2019 and finish in fall of 2020. No work will take place during the winter of 2019/20.
- April 8 – Nov. 2019: Reconstruction from 14th Street to Maritime Drive and construction of roundabout at Waldo/Maritime.
- Spring – fall 2020: Reconstruction/resurfacing on Waldo Blvd. from County R to 14th Street.
- See construction staging webpage for specific construction staging dates and locations
Temporary business signing may be placed during the detoured portion of the project by filling out a business signing permit, free of charge. All temporary business signing needs approval before placement to ensure it is in a safe location and does not pose a visual distraction or traffic hazard. Please keep the following items in mind regarding business signing:
- Temporary business signing cannot be placed on traffic control devices or state signs. Business signs attached to these devices will be removed.
- It is encouraged that businesses team up to have multiple businesses advertised on one sign structure versus several individual signs. This makes it easier for travelers to identify signs and find their destination.
Temporary Business Sign Permits are available as a fillable-form WORD download (below) or you can request one from project manager Brian Haen by calling (920) 366-4788 or email Brian.Haen@dot.wi.gov
- Temporary business signing permit (WORD)
- Please email the completed permit as an attachment to Brian, or if you prefer to mail the completed form, please address to: Brian Haen, WisDOT NE Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304.
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. It’s critical that customers have access to businesses and that they continue to visit them, regardless of any road work inconvenience. While signing and other marketing/advertising during the construction is up to the business, WisDOT has business resources available through its In This Together website to assist businesses with planning for construction closures and to minimize the impact of construction. On the In this Together website, businesses can find:
- Specially designed workbook for businesses to succeed during a highway construction project, includes information on:
- Planning ahead
- Staying informed
- Keeping customers informed
- Tips for businesses
- Case studies that demonstrate techniques that have been successfully used in communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Promotional samples showing a variety of examples of how businesses have promoted their businesses during construction.
This program is offered to business and community leaders as an idea source as they plan for road construction in their area. Through communication and cooperation, businesses can not only survive, but thrive, when road construction comes to town.