Trail users will have two options for accessing the trail: via the Main Trailhead lot and via the Park and Ride lot.
Other work to be completed in the summer and fall of 2018 include:
- Completion of the Main Trailhead
- Completion of Hilltop Trailhead, including parking lot
- Completion of the Loop Trail from the pedestrian underpass at WIS 35 to the Stillwater Lift Bridge
- Realignment of Hilltop Drive
- Abandonment of old County E west of State and Rainbow Streets
- Converting the old WIS 64 hill to bicycle and pedestrian paths
- Repairing, milling, and repaving local roads including Main Street, Houlton School Circle, and Hilltop Drive
- Landscaping consisting of planting trees, shrubs and various types of grasses, including prairie mixes
Construction is complete and the Loop Trail is open with the exception of the hill to the Lift Bridge.
The Lift Bridge Conversion project will be completed; the entire Loop Trail will be fully opened.