Regionwide projects are designed to complete similar work types at multiple locations in multiple counties. This allows for the project to be administered and constructed efficiently, under a single contract, rather than several smaller contracts.
Cable Barrier Project
Project ID: 1050-00-77, 1160-01-78
Highways: WIS 29, I-39
Counties: Marathon, Marquette, Portage, Waushara
Overall Schedule: July 27, 2020 to November 13, 2020
- Abbotsford-Wausau – County E to County O
- Packwaukee-Stevens Point – Elk Road to Division Street
Traffic impacts for the next two weeks, as of October 22:
- Single lane closures along both eastbound and westbound WIS 29 between 72nd Ave and County O in Marathon county continue. This is a continuous long-term single lane closure anticipated to be complete by November 6.
- A single lane closure along both northbound and southbound I-39 between County C and WIS 21 in Waushara county continue. This is a continuous long-term single lane closure anticipated to be complete by November 13.
Anticipated work scheduled:
- In Marathon County all concrete that was poured this week will be curing next week in anticipation of hanging cable barrier cable the week of November 2.
- In Waushara County crews plan to drill and pour cable barrier post bases and anchors in the I-39 median.
- Portage County is complete.
- Marquette County is complete.
View maps of project limits: