Regionwide projects are designed to complete similar work types at multiple locations in multiple counties. This allows for the project to be administered and constructed efficiently, under a single contract, rather than several smaller contracts.
Regionwide Bridge Maintenance
Project ID: 1009-46-60
Overall Schedule: These projects are complete.
Description: This was a region wide bridge maintenance project on six structures in Vilas County consisting of removing asphaltic surface, concrete approach slabs, concrete deck repair, concrete overlays, polymer overlays, asphaltic surface, temporary traffic signals, temporary concrete barrier, and pavement marking.
Cost: $1.7 million
- WIS 70 over St. Germain River
- WIS 70 over Catfish Lake
- WIS 17/70 over Mud Creek
- WIS 70 over Link Creek
- US 45 / WIS 32 over Wisconsin River
- WIS 70 over Wisconsin River
Regionwide Epoxy Pavement Marking (NEW)
Project ID: 1000-01-46
Highway: US 10
Counties: Portage and Waupaca
Overall Schedule: August 12, 2020 to October 30, 2020
Description: Crews will be painting lines on US 10 from Buchholz Road to Waupaca/Winnebago County line. Crews will start with westbound US 10.
Overall Traffic Impacts:
- US 10 westbound will have a single lane moving closure, maintaining a 13’ lane width at all times.
- Single lane closures on US 10 westbound will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Regionwide Polymer Bridge Overlays
Project IDs: 1009-46-66 & 1009-46-67
Overall Schedule: Project is scheduled to begin on August 10, 2020.
Description: This is a region wide bridge maintenance project to apply polymer overlays on 16 structures in Outagamie, Waupaca, Portage, and Wood Counties.
Overall Traffic Impacts: Construction will be completed with closures with the use of temporary signals or stop signs.
- US 45 over Newton Blackmour State Trail, New London
- US 45 NB Ramp to WIS 54 over Blackmour State Trail, New London
- US 45 over Wolf River, Hortonia (New London)
- US 45 over E. North Water Street, New London
- US 45 over WI Central Railroad, Dayton (New London)
- US 45 over Cross Road, Hortonia (New London)
- WIS 161 over Tomorrow River, New Hope (Amherst Junction)
- WIS 66 over Branch Rocky Run Creek, Linwood (Stevens Point)
- WIS 156 over Wolf River, Matteson (Clintonville)
- WIS 156 over Embarrass River, Matteson (Clintonville)
- WIS 22 over Little Wolf River, Union (Manawa)
- WIS 49 over flume Creek, Harrison (Iola)
- WIS 110 over S. Branch Pigeon River, Dupont (Marion)
- WIS 73 over Zager Creek, Sigel (WI Rapids)
- WIS 73 over Moccasin Creek, Port Edwards (Nekoosa)
- WIS 80 over Yellow River, Richfield (Marshfield)
Regionwide Culvert Replacement and Maintenance
Counties: Lincoln, Price
Overall Schedule: July 20, 2020 to October 2020.
Description: This is a region wide culvert replacement and maintenance project in Lincoln and Price Counties.
- 1009-44-67, WIS 64, WIS 107, Lincoln County
- 9216-07-61, WIS 86, Price County
- 9225-06-61, WIS 102, Price County
- The WIS 64 project will replace 2 large culverts that are showing signs of deterioration
- The WIS 107 project will replace a box culvert that is showing signs of deterioration and will also be widened
- The WIS 86 project will place pipe liners in culvert pipes that are showing signs of failure. Also, safety enhancements are being done to the beam guard located within the project limits.
- The WIS 102 project consists of three culvert replacements
Traffic Impacts for week of August 3:
WIS 64 will be closed approximately .2 mile east of Mink Road for culvert replacements. The WIS 64 detour is as follows: for eastbound traffic; WIS 13, WIS 29, US 51, back to WIS 64. Westbound is reverse.
WIS 107 was closed approximately .1 mile south of County E on July 28 for the start of a culvert replacement. WIS 107 will be closed for approximately 25 days. The WIS 107 detour is as follows: WIS 64 east to US 51 north to County J west to WIS 107 for southbound traffic; County J east to US 51 south to WIS 64 west to WIS 107.
Anticipated work scheduled for week of August 3:
WIS 64: Finish the concrete masonry culvert end walls.
WIS 107: Remove old culvert and place a new one.
Cable Barrier Project
Project ID: 1050-00-77, 1160-01-78
Highways: WIS 29, I-39
Counties: Marathon, Marquette, Portage, Waushara
Overall Schedule: July 27, 2020 to October 23, 2020
- Abbotsford-Wausau – County E to County O
- Packwaukee-Stevens Point – Elk Road to Division Street
Traffic impacts for week of August 3:
August 3 – August 6: A single lane closure along southbound I-39 between Casimir Road and County HH in Portage County, 2 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
August 7: A single lane closure along southbound I-39 between Casimir Road and County HH in Portage County, 2 a.m. to noon.
August 3 – August 6: A single lane closure along northbound I-39 between Casimir Road and County HH in Portage County, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Continuous long-term single lane closures are planned to start Wednesday, August 5 through Labor Day along northbound and southbound I-39 in Marquette County from Edgewood Court to County M.
Anticipated work for week of August 3:
Crews plan to continue grading and inlet replacement in the I-39 median between Casimir Road and County HH in Portage County. Crews also plan on beginning cable barrier post installation, along with cable barrier terminal anchors.
In Marquette County, crews plan to start grading operations in the I-39 median between Edgewood Court and County M.