Regionwide projects are designed to complete similar work types at multiple locations in multiple counties. This allows for the project to be administered and constructed efficiently, under a single contract, rather than several smaller contracts.
Project ID: 1009-46-60 Regionwide Bridge Maintenance
Overall Schedule: Monday, April 27 to mid-August, 2020
Description: This is a region wide bridge maintenance project on six structures in Vilas County consisting of removing asphaltic surface, concrete approach slabs, concrete deck repair, concrete overlays, polymer overlays, asphaltic surface, temporary traffic signals, temporary concrete barrier, and pavement marking.
Cost: $1.7 million
- WIS 70 over St. Germain River
- WIS 70 over Catfish Lake
- WIS 17/70 over Mud Creek
- WIS 70 over Link Creek
- US 45 / WIS 32 over Wisconsin River
- WIS 70 over Wisconsin River
Overall Traffic Impacts:
Construction will be completed with the use of short term lane closures under flagging operations for portions of the work as well as lane closures with the use of temporary signals during deck repairs and concrete approach slab work requiring concrete curing time. The entire traveled way and shoulders will be clear of all materials and equipment for the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays.
Traffic impacts as of May 28, 2020:
Eastbound WIS 70 lane closures were installed on Tuesday, May 26 and traffic will remain under lane closures with the use of temporary signals at the St. Germain River bridge, Catfish Lake bridge, Mud Creek bridge, Link Creek bridge, and Wisconsin River bridge.
Anticipated work scheduled for next week, as of May 28, 2020:
Crews will begin work on the deck and approach pavement repairs in the eastbound lanes of WIS 70.
Project IDs: 1009-46-66 & 1009-46-67 Regionwide Polymer Bridge Overlays
Overall Schedule: Tentatively scheduled to begin July 7 to early-August 2020
Description: This is a region wide bridge maintenance project to apply polymer overlays on 16 structures in Outagamie, Waupaca, Portage, and Wood Counties.
Overall Traffic Impacts: Construction will be completed with closures with the use of temporary signals or stop signs.
- US 45 over Newton Blackmour State Trail, New London
- US 45 NB Ramp to WIS 54 over Blackmour State Trail, New London
- US 45 over Wolf River, Hortonia (New London)
- US 45 over E. North Water Street, New London
- US 45 over WI Central Railroad, Dayton (New London)
- US 45 over Cross Road, Hortonia (New London)
- WIS 161 over Tomorrow River, New Hope (Amherst Junction)
- WIS 66 over Branch Rocky Run Creek, Linwood (Stevens Point)
- WIS 156 over Wolf River, Matteson (Clintonville)
- WIS 156 over Embarrass River, Matteson (Clintonville)
- WIS 22 over Little Wolf River, Union (Manawa)
- WIS 49 over flume Creek, Harrison (Iola)
- WIS 110 over S. Branch Pigeon River, Dupont (Marion)
- WIS 73 over Zager Creek, Sigel (WI Rapids)
- WIS 73 over Moccasin Creek, Port Edwards (Nekoosa)
- WIS 80 over Yellow River, Richfield (Marshfield)
Project ID: 1009-44-68, Regionwide Bridge Maintenance
Counties: Iron, Oneida, Vilas
Overall Schedule: Work on the WIS 122 bridge was completed in 2019. Work on the WIS 70 bridge is anticipated mid-June to late-July. Work on the US 8 bridge is anticipated May 11 to June 26. Work on the US 51 bridge is anticipated April 17 to May 11.
Description: This is a region wide bridge maintenance project on four structures. All four structures will have maintenance/repairs done to their substructures. The bridges on US 8 and US 51 will have their approach slabs replaced.
- WIS 122 over Montreal River (Iron County)
- WIS 70 over Wisconsin River (Vilas County just west of Eagle River)
- US 8 over Wisconsin River (Oneida County just south of Rhinelander roundabout)
- US 51 over Lake Minocqua (Oneida County in Minocqua)
Overall Traffic Impacts: The approach slabs will be completed under lane closures at the US 51 bridge over Lake Minocqua and using temporary signals at the US 8 bridge over the Wisconsin River. The rest of the work will be completed using shoulder closures and occasional flagging operations.
Project ID: 1009-44-67, 9216-07-61, 9225-06-61, Regionwide Culvert Replacement and Maintenance
Counties: Lincoln, Price
Overall Schedule: This project is scheduled to start in Mid-June to July and completed by the end of September.
Description: This is a region wide culvert replacement and maintenance project in Lincoln and Price Counties.
Location of work: This project consists of culvert replacements in four locations:
- WIS 107 north of Merrill on Wisconsin River Tributary Culvert (a/k/a Grandfather’s Dam Creek) in Lincoln County
- WIS 64 west of Merrill on South Fork Copper River Tributary in Lincoln County
- WIS 64 west of Merrill on Copper River in Lincoln County
- WIS 102 south of Spirit on Johnson Creek in Price County.
These culverts will require grading, asphaltic surface and pavement marking. In addition, four culverts on WIS 86 between Ogema and Tomahawk will be lined, along with replacement of beam guard.
Overall Traffic Impacts: Construction will be completed with the use of short term lane closures under flagging operations for the WIS 86 portions of work and road closures and detours for WIS 107, WIS 64 and WIS 102 as follow:
WIS 107: For northbound traffic; WIS 64 east to US 51 north to County J west to WIS 107 for southbound traffic; County J east to US 51 south to WIS 64 west to WIS 107.
WIS 64: for eastbound traffic; WIS 13 south to WIS 29 east to WIS 107 north to WIS 64, and for westbound traffic, WIS 107 south to WIS 29 west to WIS 13 north to WIS 64.
WIS 102: For northbound traffic; WIS 13 north to WIS 86 east to WIS 102 for southbound traffic; WIS 86 west to WIS 13 south to WIS 102.