Reconstruction of the I-90/94 and WIS 82 interchange (Exit 69) in Mauston. Construction on the interchange, including traffic lanes, bridge structures, ramps and roundabouts, is scheduled to begin in the Spring of 2022 with completion expected in 2023.
Work occurred in 2021 to construct temporary traffic crossovers on I-90/94 in advance of the project.
The upcoming interchange work includes:
- Reconstruction of ramps and ramp terminals
- Construction of roundabouts at ramp terminals
- Replacement of I-90/94 bridges over the Lemonweir River, WIS 82, and westbound County G
- Reconstruction of WIS 82 between Kennedy Street and Commercial Street
- Resurfacing between Commercial Street and Powers Avenue
- Modified lane configurations on WIS 82 within the project limits
Follow the WisDOT Southwest Region Twitter page for updates on WisDOT construction projects.