US 45 from WIS 50 in Kenosha County to WIS 11 in Racine County.
- 7.9 mile resurfacing of US 45
- The existing pavement will be replaced with new asphaltic overlay
- New shoulders will be paved a minimum of 5 feet wide
- Traffic signals at the intersection of US 45 and WIS 50 will be replaced
- An additional turning lane will be added for northbound US 45 to WIS 50
- A bypass lane and right turn lane will be added at the intersection of County NN (45th Street) and County N (38th Street)
- During construction the corridor will be closed to through traffic and a detour route will be provided. Local access will be maintained during construction.
- **Due to contractor coordination, crews have flipped stages, and will begin working on Stage 3 beginning May 1. US 45 from WIS 142 to WIS 11 will be closed to traffic and detoured. The US 45/County Road KR intersection will be open to EAST/WEST traffic during construction. The intersection will be milled and paved under flagging operations.
The US 45 temporary road surface will be allowed to remain with aggregate at the new culvert crossings until HMA pavement is paved.
Work in this stage change includes pavement repair, cross culvert replacement, shoulder widening, and asphaltic pavement resurfacing. Road will be closed early Monday morning of May 4.**
- Stage 1 – County Road D and County Road C to connect back with southbound US 45
- Stage 2 – Utilize WIS 75 between WIS 50 and WIS 142
- Stage 3 – Utilize WIS 75 between WIS 142 and WIS 11
Construction is scheduled to begin in early April and be complete by late summer 2020.