The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will incorporate roundabouts at key locations within the I-39/90 Expansion Project.
- County N, north of Stoughton
- WIS 59, near Edgerton
- WIS 11 (Racine St.) in Janesville
- I-43/WIS 81 interchange near Beloit (under consideration/evaluation)
Recent studies show that roundabouts provide a safe and efficient traffic flow when compared with other intersection designs. Safety statistics from a 2011 UW Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory Study highlight that Wisconsin roundabouts provide a:
- 52 percent reduction in fatal or injury crashes;
- 9 percent decrease in crashes; and
- Zero fatalities.
Learn about the safety and efficiency of modern roundabouts, and the proper way motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians should use these types of circular intersections.
The following documents are in Adobe PDF format.
(Note: Some files are large and may take longer to download depending on individual connection speeds. Users may need to zoom in to see details.)