Overview: I-41 Improvements (Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road)
This work just north of the Zoo Interchange consists of roadway and bridge rehabilitation on various ramps and crossroads along the I-41 corridor, from Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road. The roadway rehabilitation mainly includes base patching, mill/overlay, curb ramp improvements and minor beamguard improvements along the ramps. The bridge rehabilitations mainly include bridge overlays, bridge painting, and repairs in other parts of the structures.
In addition, this project includes minor geometric improvements and signal improvements in the following three closely spaced intersections:
- Silver Spring Drive and southbound I-41 Ramps
- Silver Spring Drive and northbound I-41 Ramps
- Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane Intersection
More specifically, the following work is proposed for the three above intersections:
- Signal upgrades to allow pedestrian push buttons and crosswalks in all four (4) quadrants of the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane Intersection.
- Addition of monotubes to allow a signal head over each lane in all three intersections.
- Geometric improvements to remove the negative Left Turn Lane Offset at the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane intersection.
- Improvement of the turning radius on the northwest corner of the I-41 southbound ramp terminal to assist trucks with turning movements.
- Extension of the Left Turn Lane from Silver Spring Drive eastbound to I-41 northbound to provide additional storage.
Also, a signal will be added at the Good Hope Road northbound exit ramp. Currently there is no signal in this intersection.
Please note that consecutive ramps along the corridor will not be closed at the same time.
- View construction staging overview (large file may take a moment to download.)
Construction is currently scheduled to begin in April 2021