Update on June 8, 2021
Current work zone is located along WIS 81 between County D and Ridge Avenue in Platteville.
- During normal work hours, various portions of the WIS 81 work zone will be impassible as construction equipment removes and replaces the old roadbed.
- WIS 81 remains open to local traffic only during construction.
- Access to commercial and private entrances will be maintained at all times.
- Local traffic may use portions of the roadway to access residential, commercial and agricultural entrances throughout the corridor.
- WIS 81 is closed to through traffic during construction from US 61 to Ridge Avenue in Platteville. Through traffic pertains to drivers who do not have an origin or a destination in the work zone. Signed detour route follows:
- US 61/WIS 35, between south of Lancaster and Dickeyville
- US 151, between Dickeyville and Platteville
- WIS 80/WIS 81 within Platteville
- At the end of each day, WIS 81 will be returned to a gravel surface for local traffic. Work in this area is anticipated to extend through mid-July.