WIS 50 is a major east-west route serving Kenosha County communities. Over 60 percent of the traffic on the corridor is for local destinations.
The project includes:
- Widening the roadway from four to six lanes between 117th and 57th avenues (3.6 miles).
- Reconstructing the existing four-lane road between 57th and 43rd avenues (0.8 miles).
- Implementing access management measures, including driveway and median modifications.
- Providing more capacity at local road intersections.
- Improving access road connections.
- Adding sidewalk and bicycle accommodations throughout.
The proposed WIS 50 corridor improvements are needed to address:
- Mobility, safety, and access needs
- Insufficient mainline lane capacity
- Deteriorating pavement and bridge structures
- Substandard mainline and intersection geometrics
- Oversized/overweight (OSOW) truck route
- Major commercial corridor