Stretch of highway opening to 65 mph on Friday
(Fox Cities) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is announcing the speed limit on eastbound US 10/northbound WIS 441 and westbound US 10/southbound WIS 441 will increase to 65 mph between County CB and Oneida Street by end of day Friday, November 15.
The speed increase is possible due to the completion of major construction of US 10/WIS 441 mainline and Midway Road interchange as part of the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion Project. The remaining work on the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion Project will include installing an overhead digital message sign in early December and minor landscaping and staining in 2020 due to recent weather conditions.
Please note: No speed limit will officially change until the 65 mph speed limit signs are posted. Posted speed limits apply when weather conditions are favorable and pavement is dry. Driving at the posted speed limit may be “too fast for conditions” during inclement weather.
The WIS 441 Tri-County Project reconstructed and expanded US 10/WIS 441 from four to six lanes from Cold Spring Road to about 1/2 mile east of Oneida Street (approximately six miles).
Other project improvements included:
- Restored 2 missing ramp movements on the Michael G. Ellis Interchange (WIS 441/US 10/I-41 system interchange)
- Added second lake crossing bridge
- Reconstructed 5 interchanges at County P (Racine Road), WIS 47 (Appleton Road), County AP (Midway Road), US 10 (Oneida Street) and Michael G. Ellis Interchange
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Please visit the project website and social media accounts for project details:
- Project Website: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/
- Twitter: @WIS441I41News or https://twitter.com/WIS441I41News
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WIS441I41News
# # #
[Outagamie, Calumet, Winnebago – all]
NOTE: News releases located on the Web at: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441]