Updated: July 26, 2017
For more information contact:
Melissa Kok, WisDOT Northeast Region Assistant Communications Manager
Melissa2.Kok@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-5743
WIS 441 Tri-County Project lane closures for July 24 to July 28
Traffic restrictions on I-41, WIS 441 and US 10
(Fox Valley) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces WIS 441 Tri-County Project lane closures and restrictions from July 24 through July 28 in Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties. Drivers should be aware of reduced speed limits and remember to use caution while traveling through any work zone. This advisory does not include closures by local authorities for accidents or unusual incidents (such as weather).
I-41 Full Closures
- Northbound I-41 between US 10 and County BB will be closed on the following nights to set girders. Reduced lanes in preparation for full closures begin at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Northbound I-41 detour as follows: Traffic should take exit ramp to eastbound US 10/northbound WIS 441 and continue on WIS 441 to I-41
- Southbound I-41 between the US 10 ramps will be closed on the following nights to set girders. Reduced lanes in preparation for full closures begin at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-41detour as follows: Traffic should exit at westbound US 10 to exit at County CB. Take County CB south to eastbound US 10, follow US 10 back to southbound I-41
I-41/US 10 System Interchange
- Westbound US 10 to southbound I-41 ramp will be closed on Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-41 to eastbound US 10 ramp will be closed on Tuesday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
US 10 Full Closure
- Eastbound US 10 between County P/Racine Road and WIS 47/Appleton Road will be closed on Monday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. for a traffic switch. The following ramps will be closed:
- Eastbound US 10 on-ramp from County P/Racine Road closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Eastbound US 10 off-ramp to WIS 47/Appleton Road closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Eastbound and westbound US 10 will have various reduced lanes throughout the week.
- Southbound Oneida Street between Valley Road and WIS 441 will have reduced lanes throughout the week.
- County AP/Midway Road under US 10 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction.
- City of Appleton has on-going work on Oneida Street. Oneida Street is closed between Wilson Ave. and Calumet Street. See project updates on Appleton’s Road Page at http://gis.appleton.org/PublicWorkZoneTrackerapp/index.html
- Westbound US 10/southbound WIS 441 to northbound I-41 ramp is closed until spring of 2018.
- Detour: Continue on westbound US 10 to WIS 76, follow WIS 76 north to WIS 96, take WIS 96 east to I-41
- Westbound US 10/southbound WIS 441 on-ramp from Racine Road/County P is closed until spring of 2018.
- Eastbound US 10 on-ramp from County AP (Midway Road) is closed from July 17 through summer 2018.
- Eastbound US 10 off-ramp from County AP (Midway Road) is closed from July 20 through summer 2019.
- Westbound US 10 off-ramp to Midway Road is closed from July 20 through summer 2019.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Want more information about the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion Project? Please visit the project website and social media accounts:
- Project Website: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/
- Twitter: @WIS441I41News or https://twitter.com/WIS441I41News
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WIS441I41News
For information regarding all northeast Wisconsin construction projects, detours, local transportation news and much, much more:
- Follow WisDOT Northeast Region Twitter account at https://twitter.com/WisDOTnortheast.
- Go to the northeast region construction website at http://projects.511wi.gov/region/northeast/
For statewide traffic and road conditions, please see the 511 Wisconsin website:
- www.511wi.gov or call 5-1-1.
# # #
[Outagamie, Calumet, Winnebago – all]
NOTE: News releases located on the Web at: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/