Release date: May 25, 2018
For more information contact:
Melissa Kok, WisDOT Northeast Region Assistant Communications Manager
Melissa2.Kok@dot.wi.gov (920) 492-5743
WIS 441 Tri-County Project lane closures for May 28 to June 1
Traffic restrictions on I-41, WIS 441 and US 10
(Fox Cities) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces WIS 441 Tri-County Project lane closures and restrictions from May 28 to June 1 in Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties. Drivers should be aware of reduced speed limits and remember to use caution while traveling through any work zone. This advisory does not include closures by local authorities for accidents or unusual incidents (such as weather).
7-day ramp closure
- Northbound WIS 441 on-ramp from US 10/Oneida Street will be closed beginning at 4 a.m., Tuesday, May 29 to 6 a.m., June 5 for storm sewer work.
- Northbound and southbound WIS 441 will have various overnight single lane closures throughout the week. In addition, the following ramps will be closed:
- Northbound WIS 441 on-ramp from Appleton Road will be closed on Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound WIS 441 off-ramp to Oneida Street will be closed on Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
I-41 full closure
- Northbound I-41 between US 10 and County BB will be closed on Friday from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Reduced lanes will begin at 6 p.m.
- Traffic should exit at northbound WIS 441 and continue on northbound WIS 441 to I-41.
- Northbound I-41 on-ramp from County II will be closed on Friday from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Southbound I-41 at US 10 will be reduced to a single lane on Wednesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-41 at US 10 traffic will be shifted to the collector-distributor lanes on Thursday from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. for a traffic switch.
- Northbound I-41 between US 10 and Prospect Avenue will be reduced to a single lane on Thursday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound I-41 to eastbound US 10 ramp will be closed nightly, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Westbound US 10 to southbound I-41 ramp will be closed nightly, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound I-41 to eastbound US 10 ramp will be closed on Thursday from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound I-41 to westbound US 10 ramp will be closed nightly, Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Westbound US 10/southbound WIS 441 to northbound I-41 ramp is closed until summer of 2018.
- Detour: Continue on westbound US 10 to WIS 76, follow WIS 76 north to WIS 96, take WIS 96 east to I-41.
- Westbound US 10/southbound WIS 441 on-ramp from Racine Road/County P is closed until summer of 2018.
- Eastbound US 10 on-ramp from County AP (Midway Road) is closed from July 17 through summer 2018.
- Eastbound US 10 off-ramp from County AP (Midway Road) is closed from July 20 through summer 2019.
- Westbound US 10 off-ramp to Midway Road is closed from July 20 through summer 2019.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Want more information about the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion Project? Please visit the project website and social media accounts:
- Project Website: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/
- Twitter: @WIS441I41News or https://twitter.com/WIS441I41News
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WIS441I41News
For information regarding all northeast Wisconsin construction projects, detours, local transportation news and much, much more:
- Follow WisDOT Northeast Region Twitter account at https://twitter.com/WisDOTnortheast.
- Go to the northeast region construction website at http://projects.511wi.gov/region/northeast/
For statewide traffic and road conditions, please see the 511 Wisconsin website:
www.511wi.gov or call 5-1-1.
# # #
[Outagamie, Calumet, Winnebago – all]
NOTE: News releases located on the Web at: http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/