- April 16 – October 2018 – Construction scheduled
Weekly construction update
Work completed this week (May 14 – May 18):
- Most of the temporary roadway was graded and paved which will connect southbound WIS 113 to WIS 19.
- The temporary signal installation was completed.
- Pavement markings and signs for the traffic switch are being staged.
Work anticipated to be completed next week pending weather:
- The temporary roadway connection from southbound WIS 113 to WIS 19 will finish being paved and the temporary signal will be activated. The activation date is planned for Tuesday, May 22. Note, this day could be pushed back to due to weather. Once activated, this will change the traffic pattern. Please see details below.
Impacts for the traveling public next week:
- WIS 19 two-lane section
- After the temporary signal is activated, traffic will be shifted onto widened pavement and will utilize the temporary signal.
- WIS 113 four-lane section
- On the night prior to the switch, northbound WIS 113 will be closed after 7:00 p.m. Northbound traffic on WIS 113 will be directed to turn left at the County I and WIS 19 intersection to get back onto northbound WIS 113.
- After the temporary signal is activated, northbound WIS 113 traffic will be shifted onto the southbound roadway and will utilize the temporary signal.
- County I
- County I will be detoured once the signal is activated. This is currently proposed for May 22, but could be pushed back depending on weather. Please visit the Traffic impacts/detours section below for the County I detour route.
- WIS 19 and WIS 113 will remain open to through traffic, and temporary traffic signals will be utilized during construction.
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane during non-peak hours to complete various work operations.
- County I will be closed to through traffic for most of the project, and a local detour will be provided.
- Access will be maintained for emergency services and residents.