Last updated: May 7, 2021
Work scheduled for next week:
- Starting Monday, May 3 crews will install traffic control to close the outside lanes of WIS 153 from Old Highway 51 to East View Drive. Crews will begin the nighttime ramps closures starting Monday night.
- Crews will perform saw cutting of existing pavements, remove pavements, and install new loop detectors for the signals on the I-39 southbound off ramp to WIS 153.
- Crews will begin installing new pedestrian sidewalk ramps at the intersections of Owen Street and CWA west entrance with WIS 153
- Crews will begin joint repairs in the WIS 153 outside lanes starting Monday night. Once those are complete, crews will remove the surface of the existing pavement in the outside lanes of WIS 153.
- Starting as early as Wednesday night, May 5, crews will complete joint repairs, mill, and pave the existing pavements from Old Highway 51 to Cherry Street under nighttime flagging conditions.
WIS 153 has a single lane closure in the westbound and eastbound lane. Traffic is shifted into the inside median lanes. As early as Wednesday, May 12, WIS 153 traffic will be shifted into the outside lanes.
- The WIS 153 and I-39/US51 northbound and southbound off ramps will be closed for 3 weekday nights each, and the on ramps for a weekday night each between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- During those times traffic will be detoured using I-39/US51 and the next available interchange. These closures will be staggered. Tentative timelines for the closures are as follows:
- Southbound off ramp closure: 3 nights occurring between May 3 and May 6; 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound on ramp closure: 1 night occurring May 5; 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound off ramp closure: 3 nights occurring between May 10 and May 13; 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound on ramp closure: 1 night occurring May 12; 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- WIS 153 from Old Hwy 51 to Owen Street will be open to one lane only under flagged conditions during the nighttime hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Wednesday May 5 for three nights. During these nighttime flagging operations, the local streets of Super Street and Edison Street will be closed at their intersection with WIS 153.
Holiday Work Restrictions:
- From noon Friday, May 28, 2021 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, 2021 for Memorial Day