++Project Update: (August 6)
Work on the West Waukesha Bypass Project is progressing. Beginning Monday, August 12 Merrill Hills Road, from Sunset Drive/ County D to Kame Terrace, will be closed. This includes the Glacial Drumlin Trail. The closure of Merrill Hills Road is anticipated to last approximately two months. The road will be closed to thru traffic, however access to businesses and residents will be maintained. While the closure of Merrill Hills Road is in place, the following detour routes are suggested:
- From Sunset Drive/County D: Sunset Drive/County D west to Road DT. North on Road DT to Summit Avenue. East on Summit Avenue.
- From Summit Avenue: Summit Avenue west to Road DT. South on Road DT to Sunset Drive. East on Sunset Drive/County D.
While the closure of the Glacial Drumlin Trail is in place, the following detour routes are suggested:
- From the West: South on the Sunset Park Pathway to Sunset Drive/County D. East on Sunset Drive/County D to Genesee Road. North on Genesee Road.
- From the East: South on Genesee Road to Sunset Drive/County D. West on Sunset Drive/County D to the Sunset Park Pathway.
- Trucks should use the detour route of US 18 to WIS 83 to WIS 59.
Adjacent Closure Information:
- Genesee Road (north leg of County X) is scheduled to open by the middle of the week of August 5.
- Saylesville Road (south leg of County X) is scheduled to open late August.
All closures are weather dependent and are subject to change. Periodic updates will be sent out as the project progresses.
++Project Update: (August 5)
++Project Update: (JULY 12)
++Project Update: (JUNE 24)
On June 24, Madison Street, just west of Merrill Hills Road, closed to through traffic long-term to allow the contractor to construct the new bypass alignment and finish grading, storm sewer and paving.
Completion of the West Waukesha Bypass is scheduled for late 2019.
For a look back at various project updates, visit our Project Updates Library.