Note – dates subject to change.
- Read the Final Weekly Construction Update.
- Quarterly open house meeting from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Verona Road Project Field Office.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019
- 2019-2020 – Stage 2 construction schedule for Fitchburg area
Verona Road, Raymond Road to County PD (McKee Road)
County PD, Fitchrona Road to Commerce Park Drive
- View the planned Stage 2 improvements.
- Single point interchange at Verona Road and County PD – Verona Road traffic to travel over County PD.
- Interchange at Verona Road and Williamsburg Way – Verona Road traffic to travel under Williamsburg Way.
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations.
- Reconstruct and expand Verona Road to three lanes from County PD to Raymond Road.
- September 19, 2019 – Quarterly open house meeting
- June 20, 2019 – Quarterly open house meeting
- March 21, 2019 – Quarterly open house meeting
- March – November 2018 – Construction on Verona Road, between Raymond Road and County PD/McKee Road
- March – Dec. 2018 – Quarterly open house meeting
- March – Dec. 2017 – Quarterly open house meetings
- March – Aug. 2017 – First of three phases of Stage 2 construction completed on Verona Road (US 18/151) Project in Fitchburg
- Sept.-Nov. 18, 2016 – Construction on local Fitchburg roadways.
- Nesbitt Road, between County PD and Limestone Lane
- Williamsburg Way and Anton Drive intersection
- Mid-March 2016 – Nov. 18, 2016 – Verona Road/Beltline interchange reconstruction schedule
Beltline, Whitney Way to Seminole Highway
- Single point interchange at the Beltline and Verona Road interchange
- Ramp improvements at Whitney Way
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Addition of noise wall from pedestrian overpass (east of Verona Road) to Midvale Blvd.
- Reconstruct and expand the Beltline to three lanes from Verona Road to Whitney Way
- Mar. – Dec. 2016 – Quarterly open house meetings
- Mar. – Dec. 2015 – Quarterly open house meetings
- Feb. 2014 – June 12, 2015 – Work complete on Verona Road (Beltline to Raymond Road) and frontage roads
- Mar. 9 – Nov. 20, 2015 – Reconstruction and expansion on the eastbound Beltline, between Whitney Way and Seminole Highway
- Stage 1 projects completed in 2014:
- Verona Road, Beltline to Raymond Road
- Initial work on Beltline, Whitney Way to Seminole Highway
- Noise wall construction (Whitney Way off ramp and east of Verona Road)
- Westbound Beltline expansion from Whitney Way to Gammon Road
- Whitney Way and Gilbert Road intersection improvement
- Traffic cameras and message boards installed along the Beltline and surrounding area
- Military Ridge Path overpass, east of Verona Road and County PD intersection
- Mar. – Dec. 2014 – Quarterly open house meetings
- Apr. – Nov. 2014 – Dane County Stakeholder Advisory Committee (DCS AC) meetings
- Stage 1, design work and right of way acquisition completed
2013 and earlier
- Construction projects in 2013:
- Seminole Highway interchange and bridge reconstruction
- Verona Road temporary widening
- Freeport Connection – temporary roadway under Verona Road
- Storm water improvements
- Noise wall construction (westbound Beltline near Seminole Highway)
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) features: traffic cameras and message boards along the corridor
- Dec. 11, 2013 – Public involvement meeting (PIM) for Stage 2 improvements
- Jan. – Dec., 2013 – DCS AC meetings
- Mar. -Dec., 2013 – Quarterly open house meetings
- Jun. – Dec., 2012 – DCS AC meetings
- Nov. 13, 2012 – PIM for Stage 2 improvements
- May 17, 2012 – PIM for Stage 1 improvements
- Quarterly open house meetings held in 2011, 2012.
- Fall 2011 – Record of Decision (ROD) signed
- Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) completed
- Apr. 6, 2011 – PIM