Posted: March 14, 2018
As spring arrives, orange barrels and construction crews return to the Verona Road (US 18/151) corridor in Fitchburg. Mobilization of crews and equipment will occur this week with minimal traffic impacts. Please be alert for these activities in the area.
What you need to know:
- Watch the 2018 Construction Overview video to learn more about this year’s activities.
- Please be alert for crews and equipment in these areas, and drive with caution through all work zones.
- Electronic weekly construction updates will start Friday, March 23, and continue through the 2018 construction season.
- In late spring 2018, all Verona Road traffic will shift to the east side of the highway.
- Northbound Verona Road traffic will be located on the new interchange ramps.
- Southbound Verona Road traffic will travel on the current northbound lanes.
- Access to area businesses and neighborhoods remains open throughout construction.
- Please patronize the local businesses in the project area!
- All work operations and lane closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
- These construction activities are anticipated to be completed by summer 2019 – weather permitting.
- The entire Verona Road Project is scheduled to be completed in fall 2020.
- Watch the narrated animation video of Verona Road in Fitchburg to see the completed version of the project (circa 2020).
Also as a reminder, it is illegal to talk on a handheld mobile device while driving in a Wisconsin road work zone. Learn more about the “No Phones In Work Zones” law. For everyone’s safety, please take a more active role in work zone safety – be alert and drive with caution in all work zones, and eliminate all distractions when behind the wheel!