Posted: September 14, 2018
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change. Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the Verona Road work zone. Please continue to patronize them!
Two lanes remain open to traffic on Verona Road and County PD (in each direction) during daytime hours and weekends.
View the current Verona Road construction staging map. View the Verona Road construction staging plan until late summer/early fall 2018. Note: You will need to zoom in to see details.
Verona Road, from Fitchrona Road underpass (south of County PD) north to Raymond Road
- No nighttime single lane closures scheduled on Verona Road northbound and southbound within these limits.
- View construction activities along Verona Road:
- Retaining wall construction to continue between County PD and Williamsburg Way along southbound Verona Road – during the daytime hours.
- Raymond Road intersection work next week includes concrete items in the exit areas from southbound Verona Rd to Raymond just north of the intersection.
- Williamsburg Way intersection work next week includes concrete items for future eastbound traffic on Williamsburg Way.
- Noise wall barrier construction along Verona Road southbound, between Raymond Road and Williamsburg Way, to continue next week. Panel installation will continue throughout the week.
- Grading next week – removing material south of Williamsburg Way and placing the fill south of County PD for the future southbound Verona Road lanes.
- Mainline concrete paving to take place between County PD and Carriage Street for future southbound exit ramps. Crews will also be paving concrete along southbound Verona Road lanes between Raymond Road and Williamsburg Way.
County PD (McKee Road), between Fitchrona Road and Spoke Drive
- No nighttime single lane closures anticipated on County PD westbound and eastbound.
- Retaining wall construction to continue between County PD and Raymond Road along southbound Verona Road – during the daytime hours.
- Noise wall barrier construction will continue this week from Williamsburg Way to Raymond Road. Panel installation throughout the week.
- Raymond Road work consists of grading, storm sewer, aggregates, and concrete paving items (once traffic switched early in the week).
- Raymond Road traffic switch early in the week, traffic split on Raymond Road and restored to the appropriate lanes. Raymond Road median work to start this week.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Raymond Road traffic switch early in the week, traffic split on Raymond Road and restored to the appropriate lanes.
- Concrete paving work to continue from County PD to Carriage Street for the future exit ramp from southbound Verona Road and the new southbound Verona Road lanes from Raymond Road to Williamsburg Way.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Early in the week of September 24-28, traffic will be switched at Williamsburg Way. Traffic will use the newly constructed lanes and work will begin on the second half of the intersection. A nighttime lane closure will be needed to complete the switch, between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.