Posted: August 18, 2017
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change. Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the Verona Road work zone. Please continue to patronize them!
Fitchburg area construction update
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the project area. Please continue to patronize the area businesses!
- No nightly single lane closures anticipated on Verona Road northbound and southbound within these limits.
- View construction activities along Verona Road:
- Restoration and cleanup work to finish up along northbound Verona Road (behind barrier wall) between County PD and Williamsburg Way (adjacent to Certco and Thermo Fisher).
- Daily single lane closures may occur on County PD in this area, as needed throughout the week.
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- All lanes on County PD (McKee Road) to remain open during morning and afternoon rush hours.
- View work operations in this area.
- Miscellaneous restoration and finishing work from Nesbitt Road to Verona Road, on the south side of County PD.
- New traffic signals at the County PD and Fitchrona Road intersection are operational.
- Landscaping and restortation behind the existing curb and gutter along County PD from Verona Road to Commerce Park Drive to finish next week.
- The East Frontage Road, between Sprocket Drive and Chalet Gardens Road, CLOSED until Friday, August 25 (weather-permitting).
- Asphalt paving is completed. Landscaping to continue throughout the week for the new Frontage Road.
- View map of Frontage Road closure.
- Access from Verona Road to the East Frontage Road (at Williamsburg Way) remains CLOSED to through traffic.
- Turns from Verona Road are allowed for local access within the work zone.
Fitchrona Road extension, between County PD and Kapec Road
- New roadway through Wingra’s quarry is anticipated to open on Friday, August 25 (weather-permitting).. Ongoing work includes street lights and restoration.
Nesbitt Road, between County PD (McKee Road) and Limestone Lane
- Nesbitt Road is OPEN to all traffic, including access to local businesses and residences within the work zone.
- Flagging operations may be required for electrical lighting and restoration between new wall and curb. Be alert for crews!
- Storm water basin construction completed. Restoration to be completed this fall.
- East Frontage Road work:
- Minor restoration may be required this week.
- County PD and Fitchrona Road intersection:
- Minor landscaping and cleanup potentially during the week.
- No lane closures anticipated during this week.
- County PD from Hard Rock Road to Commerce Drive intersection:
- Landscaping/restoration potentially during the week behind south side curb.
- Next Verona Road project to start sometime this week.
- Traffic control on Verona Road, County PD, Williamsburg Way, and Raymond Road to be set.
- Message boards to convey work operations will begin.
- Construction operations including nighttime lane closures on Verona Road between Fitchrona Road bridges and Raymond Road will begin week of September 5-8.