Posted: May 25, 2018
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change. Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the Verona Road work zone. Please continue to patronize them!
Two lanes remain open to traffic on Verona Road (in each direction) during daytime hours and weekends.
View the current Verona Road construction staging map. View the Verona Road construction staging plan for mid-May to late summer 2018. Note: You will need to zoom in to see details.
NOTE: Holiday work restrictions are in effect from noon today (May 25) until 6 a.m. Tuesday (May 29).
Verona Road, from Fitchrona Road underpass (south of County PD) north to Raymond Road
- All Verona Road traffic is shifted to the east side of the highway.
- Traffic configuration in effect until late summer/early fall 2018.
- No nighttime lane closures scheduled on Verona Road northbound and southbound within these limits.
- View construction activities along Verona Road:
- Concrete pavement removals, temporary barrier wall removals, and sanitary sewer work north of Williamsburg Way throughout the week along Verona Road southbound, between Fitchrona Road underpass and Raymond Road.
- Daytime grading/hauling material from the work zone between Carriage Street and Williamsburg Way – hauling across Williamsburg Way utilizing a flagging operation – place material north of Williamsburg Way along southbound Verona Road.
- Retaining wall construction to continue between County PD and Williamsburg Way along southbound Verona Road – during the daytime hours.
County PD (McKee Road), between Fitchrona Road and Spoke Drive
- No work planned along County PD next week.
Salt Storage Facility Construction (along Maple Grove Road, near Exit 81/Verona Avenue)
- Wall construction and erecting trusses to continue on the Salt Storage Facility.
- No nightly single lane closures are anticipated on Verona Road northbound and southbound (Fitchrona Road underpass (south of County PD) to Raymond Road) and County PD/McKee Road from Nesbitt Road to Commerce Park Drive.
- Daytime operations will continue for pavement removals of old southbound Verona Road lanes from south of County PD to Raymond Road.
- Daytime Grading/hauling material from the work zone between Carriage Street and Williamsburg Way – hauling across Williamsburg Way utilizing a flagging operation – place material north of Williamsburg Way along southbound Verona Road.
- Sanitary sewer work north of Williamsburg Way throughout the week along Verona Road southbound.
- Salt Storage Facility construction to continue until August 2018.