Posted: March 25, 2020
The final construction season is underway for the multi-year Verona Road (US 18/151) Project in Fitchburg. With most work completed and open to traffic on Verona Road, this year’s focus will involve County PD/McKee Road between Fitchrona Road and Commerce Park Drive.
What you need to know:
- Temporary traffic signals are currently being installed at the County PD and Commerce Park Drive intersection.
- Starting tomorrow (March 26), street lighting will be removed within these limits to accommodate future traffic staging.
- Utility relocations are also ongoing along McKee Road.
- Construction on County PD will be divided into four stages.
- Watch the 2020 Construction Overview video to learn more.
- During this work, two lanes will remain open each way on McKee Road besides off-peak lane closures between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Permanent restrictions are expected to begin in May at the County PD, Nesbitt Road and Kapec Road intersection.
- View the map of the permanent turn restrictions.
- Stop signs will be installed on the local roadways with free-flow left turns from County PD to Nesbitt Road and Kapec Road.
- Weekly construction updates for the project will start on Friday, April 3.