NOTE: Carryover work will continue July 17, 2019 to August 2019. There will be a section of cable guard that will be installed in 2019, and polymer overlays will take place on the bridge decks for US 41/US 141 over Riverside Drive, County B, and the CN Railroad.
Upcoming traffic impacts:
- On Saturday, July 27, the northbound US 41/141 on-ramp from County B will be closed from 4 p.m., Saturday, July 27 to 11 a.m., Sunday, July 28.
- On Tuesday July 30, the northbound US 41/141 on-ramp from Velp Avenue will be closed from 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 30 to 6 a.m., Wednesday, July 31.
Note: For information regarding the US 41/US 141 and County B Interchange Reconstruction Project in Brown County, please view the interchange project webpage here.
US 41 Resurfacing and Bridge Deck Repair Project Overview
Resurfacing and bridge repair will take place on US 41/US 141 from County M to Norfield Road in Brown County.
Note: A separate US 41/US 141 & County B interchange reconstruction project will take place within the resurfacing project construction limits. Both projects are shown on the map.
The pavement surface of this portion of US 41/US 141 is beyond its useful service life and is in need of resurfacing. Many structures along this portion of US 41/US 141 are also in need of deck repair or replacement. Safety enhancements are also needed as traffic volumes have increased throughout the years.
- US 41/US 141 resurfacing, pavement repairs, asphalt pavement, and shoulder grading
- Bridge deck rehabilitation
- US 41/US 141 over Riverside Drive
- US 41/US 141 over County B
- US 41/US 141 over CN Railroad
- Harbor Lights Road over US 41/US 141
- Norfield Road over US 41/US 141
- Culvert repairs/replacements
- Median cable guard installation
- Cable guard is a type of roadside or median safety traffic barrier/guard rail. It consists of steel wire ropes mounted on weak posts. Its primary purpose is to prevent a vehicle from leaving the traveled way, crossing the median, and colliding with cross traffic. Cable barriers function by capturing and/or redirecting the errant vehicle.
- Beam guard replacement
- New signing and pavement markings
- February 20, 2018 to late April/early May 2018: US 41 southbound bridge construction
- April to late May 2018: Temporary widening and construction of crossovers
- The crossover construction is to maintain 2 lanes of travel while working on bridge decks. Traffic in one direction will “crossover” to the other side of US 41 to create a 3-1 split-traffic configuration. Traffic will switch to the 3:1 configuration on Wednesday, May 23 and remain in place the remainder of the project.
- Late May to mid-August 2018: Bridge structure rehabilitation and redecking of US 41 northbound
- Mid-August to mid-September 2018: Asphalt pavement resurfacing
- Mid-September to late October/early November 2018: Median cable guard
- November 16, 2018: Work complete for 2018.
Carryover work begins July 17, 2019: There will be a section of cable guard that will be installed. Polymer overlays will take place on the bridge decks for US 41/US 141 over Riverside Drive, County B, and the CN
- 2019 traffic impacts: Lane closures can be expected along US 41/US 141 during non-peak travel times to accommodate the work. Additionally, the exit ramp from northbound US 41/US 141 to County B will closed for one shift to allow for the application of the polymer overlay along the outside portion of the Riverside Drive structure.
Matt Bertucci, P.E., Project Leader
Phone: (920) 360-1130
Matt Ternes, P.E., Project Manager
Phone: (920) 366-3028
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Phone: (920) 492-4153