TRAFFIC IMPACT UPDATE: Milling and paving operations along US 41 begin Monday, August 20. Ramp closures scheduled.
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 and Thursday Aug. 16: The northbound US 41/County B ramps will be closed Wednesday, August 15 from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. to complete the grading for the new guard rail and Thursday, August 16 from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. to install the beam guard.
Milling and paving operations on US 41 will require northbound on and off-ramp closures at the County B interchange to facilitate the work the week of August 20. Please see the list below summarizing the planned closures. The times may vary depending on how much work is completed each night, but the ramps will be re-opened as soon as possible as the work is completed each day. We will continue to post the scheduled closures on this website and on the message boards along the ramps.
- Monday, August 20: Northbound US 41 on and off-ramps at County B closed from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, August 20/Tuesday, August 21: US 41 full closure at the US 41/County B interchange from 11 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
- Traffic will use the interchange ramps to exit then re-enter.
- Tuesday, August 21/Wednesday, August 22: US 41 full closure at the US 41/County B interchange from 11 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday morning.
- Traffic will use the interchange ramps to exit then re-enter.
- Wednesday, August 22/Thursday, August 23: Northbound US 41 on and off-ramps at County B closed from 7 p.m. Wednesday night to 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
- Thursday, August 23/Friday, August 24: Northbound US 41 on and off-ramps at County B closed from 7 p.m. Thursday night to noon on Friday.
- Friday, August 24/Saturday, August 25: Northbound US 41 on and off-ramps at County B closed from 9 p.m. Friday night to 10 a.m. Saturday morning.
US 41/US 141 & County B Interchange Reconstruction Project
Welcome to the webpage for the US 41/US 141 & County B interchange reconstruction and improvement project in Brown County. PLEASE NOTE: Construction dates and closure dates have changed due to the April snow storm. Interchange construction details, schedule, ramp closures, traffic impacts, detour routes and advice for businesses located in construction work zones can be found below.
- Note: For information regarding the US 41/US 141 resurfacing project from County M to Norfield Road in Brown County, please view the US 41 resurfacing project webpage here
This interchange reconstruction project will address traffic congestion and safety concerns at the US 41/US 141 & County B interchange by adding a left turn lane to the northbound US 41/US 141 off-ramp to County B, adding an additional through lane on westbound County B, and reconstructing all interchange pavement. A full closure of interchange ramps will take place during reconstruction.
Projects Location and Limits
The US 41/US 141 & County B interchange reconstruction project is located in the village of Suamico (Brown County) from Velp Avenue to Veterans Avenue. A separate US 41 resurfacing project from County M to Norfield Road in Brown County will take place during interchange reconstruction. Both projects are shown on the map.
Interchange Project Improvements
- The following safety improvements will address traffic congestion:
- Construct duel left turn lanes for the northbound US 41/US 141 off-ramp to westbound County B
- Construct dual thru lanes on westbound County B
- Bring all ramp terminal turn lanes and tapers up to current standards
- Construct new signals at the interchange ramp terminals
- Reconstruct all interchange pavement
- Install new storm sewer
- Construct a retaining wall on the north side of County B under the US 41/US 141 bridge structures
- Reconstruct the CN railroad crossing on County B between Side Street & Deerfield Lane
- New signing and pavement markings
- View Interchange Reconstruction Overview Display
Interchange Construction Schedule – New schedule due to April snow storm
- May 29, 2018: Construction begins with full closure of US 41/US 141 & County B interchange and County B.
- Late-August 2018: Construction ends.
Interchange Ramp and County B Traffic Impacts – New schedule due to April snow storm
A full closure and partial closure of the interchange will take place during construction. County B will also be closed during construction. US 41 will remain open to at least one lane of travel during construction.
- May 29, 2018 to June 29, 2018: FULL CLOSURE of US 41/US 141 and County B interchange
- All on and off-ramps closed
- View May 29 to June 29 closure map
- June 29, 2018 to July 27, 2018: PARTIAL CLOSURE of US 41/US 141 and County B interchange
- Southbound US 41/US 141 on and off-ramps at County B REMAIN CLOSED
- Northbound US 41/US 141 on and off-ramp OPEN
- View June 29 to July 27 closure map
- May 29, 2018 to July 27, 2018: County B from Velp Avenue to Veterans Avenue CLOSED
- County B east of the northbound US 41 off-ramp will OPEN following the opening of the northbound ramps on June 29.
- County B west of the northbound US 41 off-ramp will remain CLOSED through July 27.
- July 27, 2018 to late August: All interchange ramps open. Various lane and shoulder closures for retaining wall work.
US 41/County B Detour Routes:
- US 41 traffic seeking westbound County B: US 41 to County M (Lineville Road) to County HS (Velp Ave.) to westbound County B
- Detour will be in place from May 29, 2018 to July 27, 2018.
- View westbound County B detour map
- US 41 traffic seeking eastbound County B: US 41 to County M (Lineville Road) to County J (Lakeview Drive) to eastbound County B.
- Detour will be in place from May 29, 2018 to June 29, 2018
- After June 29, the northbound US 41/US 141 on and -off ramps will remain open, as will County B from the US 41 northbound ramp terminals to east.
- View eastbound County B detour map
- County B traffic seeking US 41 will be directed to use the County M (Lineville Road ) interchange south of the US 41/County B interchange to enter US 41 via County HS (Velp Ave.) or County J (Lakeview Dr.).
Business signing during detour
Temporary business signing may be placed during the detoured portion of the project by filling out a business signing permit, free of charge. All temporary business signing needs approval before placement to ensure it is in a safe location and does not pose a visual distraction or traffic hazard.
Please keep the following items in mind regarding business signing:
- Temporary business signing cannot be placed on traffic control devices or state signs. Business signs attached to these devices will be removed.
- It is encouraged that businesses team up to have multiple businesses advertised on one sign structure versus several individual signs. This makes it easier for travelers to identify signs and find their destination.
- Download WisDOT Business Signing Permit (WORD)
Temporary Business Sign permits are available as a fillable-form WORD download (above) or you can request one from project leader Matthew Bertucci by calling (920) 360-1130 or email Matthew.Bertucci@dot.wi.gov.
- Please email the completed permit as an attachment to Matt, or if you prefer to mail the completed form, please address to: Matthew Bertucci, WisDOT NE Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304.
In This Together program for businesses
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. It’s critical that customers have access to businesses and that they continue to visit them, regardless of any road work inconvenience. While signing and other marketing/advertising during the construction is up to the business, WisDOT has business resources available through its “In This Together” website to assist businesses with planning for construction closures and to minimize the impact of construction. On the “In this Together” website, businesses can find:
- Specially designed workbook for businesses to succeed during a highway construction project, includes information on:
- Planning ahead
- Staying informed
- Keeping customers informed
- Tips for businesses
- Case studies that demonstrate techniques that have been successfully used in communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Promotional samples showing a variety of examples of how businesses have promoted their businesses during construction.
This program is offered to business and community leaders as an idea source as they plan for road construction in their area. Through communication and cooperation, businesses can not only survive, but thrive, when road construction comes to town. Please visit the In This Together website here.
Matt Bertucci, P.E., Project Leader
Phone: (920) 360-1130
Matt Ternes, P.E., Project Manager
Phone: (920) 366-3028
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Phone: (920) 492-4153