Temporary signals and traffic flagging operations will be used in the US 12 work zone between Sauk City and Baraboo starting 5 p.m. Monday until 5 p.m. Tuesday (Aug. 10-11). Motorist are advised to reduce speeds near the work zone, prepare to stop and follow direction from flagging crews.
- Traffic delays are expected during peak travel times
- Traffic will be flagged onto a bypass lane (blue color) while we work on the Red temporary road.
- When the work is completed, traffic will be switched onto the new temporary alignment and new permanent concrete pavement.
- Traffic has been switched into a bidirectional configuration with the use of multiple cross overs.
- County C and Old Bluff Trail are closed at US 12 for the majority of the project.
- Both roads will detour south to Prairie Road.
Access will be maintained for the following roads:
- Maple Park Road
- Staff Village Road
- Private entrances within project limits during construction
*Reconstruction of US 12 will be conducted using staged construction which includes six separate stages.