Posted: Dec. 8, 2017
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
NOTE: Next week Monday through Friday (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.) and Friday to Saturday (10 p.m. to 7 a.m.), nightly single lane closures are planned on I-39/90 northbound and southbound in the following work zones, unless noted otherwise. Minor delays may occur during these lane closures.
Two lanes remain open to traffic on I-39/90 (in each direction) during daytime hours.
- View temporary widening activities:
- Some shoulder work to be completed along I-39/90 southbound. Restoration work also underway.
- I-39/90 southbound shifts back to original lanes within the project limits. Be alert for these changes!
- County MN, Drotning Road, County W and County B under I-39/90 are now OPEN.
- View remaining County N interchange operations:
- Flagging operations will occur periodically on County N near the Interstate. Drive with caution through this area.
- Traffic shifts on County N in the work zone as crews finish pavement marking and restoration items. One lane remains open in each direction; be alert for these lane shifts!
- Remember to yield to traffic on your left before entering the roundabouts.
- County N is OPEN to all traffic, between the I-39/90 northbound ramps and Rinden Road, near the township of Pleasant Springs.
I-39/90 and WIS 59 interchange and Rock River bridges, near Edgerton and Newville
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto northbound side and bridge over the Rock River. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- Two lanes remain open in each direction on I-39/90, separated by a median barrier wall.
- Reduced speed limit of 65 mph on I-39/90 northbound in this area.
- Southbound Interstate access to the WIS 59 interchange (Exit 163) use temporary off/on ramp connections.
- Interstate and Rock River bridge operations: Download the Rock River Bridge, Boater Navigation Guide!
- Navigational buoys are placed in river under I-39/90. Boaters should slow down (this area is no wake), and be alert for construction crews and work taking place.
- Grading operations nearly complete on the old I-39/90 southbound lanes near the Rock River.
- Demolition of the old I-39/90 southbound bridge over the Rock River complete.
- Ellendale Road under I-39/90 along the Rock River will be CLOSED continuously from Monday morning (Dec. 11) to Friday evening (Dec. 15). The road will also be closed during nighttime hours, and reopen on the weekends. Alternate local routes are required.
- Dates and times to be provided in advance on message boards on the roadway.
- The closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Flagging operations will occur periodically on Ellendale Road as crews unload trucks and reach material stored along the road.
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto southbound side of Interstate, between the WIS 11/Racine Street and US 14/Humes Road interchanges.
- Two lanes remain open in each direction, separated by a median barrier wall. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- All ramps at the WIS 11/Racine Street and US 14 interchanges to remain open.
- View I-39/90 construction activities.
- Pavement removal and excavation of old I-39/90 northbound lanes ongoing. Some noise is anticipated during the daytime hours.
- I-39/90 northbound bridge over Milwaukee Street to be removed in mid-December. Roadway to be closed for two days during removal. More information to be provided in coming weeks.
- I-39/90 northbound bridge removal began over Spring Brook/Ice Age National Scenic Trail – weather-permitting.
- Trail under the Interstate to be CLOSED until spring 2018. Bicyclists and pedestrians should follow posted detour route.
- Traffic shifted on I-39/90 southbound from the WIS 11 (Racine Street) interchange to the WIS 11/Avalon Road interchange in Janesville. Please be alert and stay in your lane!
- View I-39/90 construction operations within these limits.
- Grading work and asphalt paving along I-39/90 southbound median, between Avalon Road and Hart Road.
- Temporary barrier wall to be placed along the I-39/90 shoulder over the next few weeks.