Updated: November 29, 2021
Register for project email updates to receive these construction notifications. Follow the I-39/90 Project Facebook page!
All lane restrictions, road and ramp closures, and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- NOTE: This forecast is not inclusive of all work operations, and only shows major traffic impacts.
I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange area
- All I-39/90 lanes and interchange ramps are OPEN through the Beltline interchange (Exit 142 A-B).
- Northbound Interstate ramp to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) is a right-side exit shortly after the Ho Chunk Gaming Casino. Pay attention to the signage!
- Three through lanes for I-39/90 southbound and two dedicated exit lanes to US 12/18.
- Ramps CLOSED at I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday night (Nov. 29).
- I-39/90 northbound to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) and eastbound US 12/18.
- Westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) to I-39/90 northbound.
- Eastbound US 12/18 (Beltline) to I-39/90 southbound.
- Drivers should follow the signed detour route.
- Backup date is Tuesday night (Nov. 30)
- Read the remaining I-39/90 and Beltline interchange construction operations.
- Final clean up work through the interchange area. Plantings for native seed and trees/shrubs.
- Installing rumble strips in shoulders in various ramps and along I-39/90 southbound.
I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange area reconstruction, Beloit
- I-39/90 northbound ramp CLOSED to WIS 81 (Exit 185 A) in Beloit.
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday nights (Nov. 29 – Dec. 2)
- Alternate routes are required, such as I-39/90 northbound to I-43 exiting at County X/Hart Road to travel west on WIS 81.
- I-39/90 southbound ramp CLOSED to I-43 northbound (Exit 185 B) in Beloit.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 2)
- Motorists must use alternate routes such as I-39/90 southbound to WIS 81 east to Hart Road then I-43 northbound.
- The WIS 81 bridges over I-39/90 in Beloit are OPEN in the Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) configuration.
- Read more about the WIS 81 DDI and follow the overhead signs and pavement markings.
- All I-39/90 and I-43 interchange flyover ramps are OPEN. Watch the signs to choose the appropriate lane/ramp to reach your destination.
- Download the I-39/90 and I-43 interchange navigation map for the permanent configuration.
- I-43 southbound traffic wishing to enter Beloit must exit at County X/Hart Road (Exit 2).
- WIS 81/Milwaukee Road is reduced to one lane each way between Cranston Road and I-39/90.
- Access remains OPEN to local businesses.
- Gateway Boulevard is reduced to one lane in each direction from S. Turtle Town Hall Road west to the railroad tracks.
- Access is maintained to local businesses, including Kerry Corporation.
- Read the I-39/90 and I-43 construction operations near Beloit.
- Restoration work along the interchange ramp slopes.
- Temporary pavement removal, permanent pavement markings and traffic signals.
- Work continues for the reconstruction of the WIS 81 eastbound lanes from Ford Street/Freeman Parkway to the east.