Posted: December 4, 2018
A public hearing is scheduled to discuss the design and environmental aspects of proposed improvements for the I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange near Madison in Dane County.
- What: Public hearing for the I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 13, 2018
*Formal hearing to begin at 5 p.m.
- Where: Ho-Chunk Nation Teejop Hocira (Community Recreation Center)
4724 Tradewinds Parkway, Madison, WI
Interested persons may attend any time during that timeframe to review displays and other hearing materials, ask questions, and provide testimony. Information on how to present verbal and written testimony will be provided at the public hearing. Wisconsin DOT staff will be available to explain the proposed improvements, and address questions and comments.
Overview of I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange project
The purpose of the I-39/90 and US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange project is to accommodate I-39/90 traffic levels with a focus on safety issues that affect Interstate travel through the US 12/18 interchange and ensure compatibility with the I-39/90 reconstruction project south of US 12/18 to the Illinois state line.
Proposed improvements include:
- Realigning I-39/90 northbound with three lanes before and after the interchange and two lanes through the core of the Beltline interchange.
- The I-39/90 northbound to US 12/18 westbound exit ramp will be reconstructed as a right-side exit.
- A third lane will be added to I-39/90 southbound through the core of the Beltline Interchange.
- A dedicated exit-only lane will be added to the I-39/90 southbound exit ramp to US 12/18 westbound.
- Extension of the merge lanes from the I-39/90 exit ramps to US 12/18 eastbound.
View the exhibits and draft environmental document for the Beltline interchange project. Share your feedback on the I-39/90 and Beltline interchange project via the Project Comments section.