Posted: April 24, 2018
Temporary widening work will begin this week on the northbound side of Interstate 39/90, between Janesville and Edgerton, in Rock County. The project work limits are from Townline Road, near the Janesville rest area, north to the Rock River bridges.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start Friday, May 4, and continue through the 2018 construction season.
- Nightly single lane closures will occur on I-39/90 northbound and southbound between Janesville and Edgerton.
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Plan ahead and anticipate slowdowns in this area.
- In conjunction with the temporary widening, crews will also widen three northbound Interstate bridges spanning Townline Road; Wisconsin & Southern Railroad crossing; and County M.
- Due to the bridge widening work, the following roadways will be closed during the construction season:
- Townline Road under I-39/90 is anticipated to be closed from mid-May to late June 2018. Motorists must use alternate local routes.
- County M under the Interstate is scheduled to be closed beginning in early August until early October 2018. Signed detour: WIS 59 and US 51.
- These roadway closures are weather-permitting and subject to change.
- I-39/90 remains open to two lanes in each direction during daytime hours and weekends.
- All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Please continue to be alert, eliminate distractions when driving and don’t tailgate in work zones!