Posted: June 8, 2017
Temporary widening work is anticipated to begin next week on the southbound side of Interstate 39/90, between Madison and Edgerton, in Dane County. The project work limits are from County AB south to East Church Road (mile marker 154). In conjunction with the temporary widening, crews will also widen four southbound Interstate bridges spanning local roadways within these limits, including County MN, Drotning Road, County W and County B.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start next Friday (June 16), and continue through the 2017 construction season.
- Nighttime single lane closures are expected on I-39/90 in this area between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Due to the bridge widening work, County W under I-39/90 is anticipated to be closed starting Thursday (June 15), and Drotning Road is scheduled to be closed beginning Thursday, June 22.
- Alternate local routes are required. These roads are expected to be open in mid-September.
- County MN and County B will be closed at a later date, and message boards will warn motorists of the upcoming closures.
- All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
This project is scheduled to be completed in mid-November 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.