Posted: March 12, 2018
This week, crews will begin to reconstruct and expand Interstate 39/90 northbound, from East Church Road, north of the US 51 interchange (Exit 156), to County AB just south of Madison.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start Friday, March 23, and continue through the 2018 construction season.
- During daytime hours and weekends, I-39/90 remains open to two lanes of traffic in each direction with a temporary barrier wall separating northbound and southbound traffic.
- Nightly single lane closures are expected on I-39/90 in this area between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Anticipated construction staging from north of Edgerton to Madison:
- Work will occur on the northbound Interstate lanes within these limits.
- By early April, all Interstate traffic will shift onto the southbound side via crossovers, while the adjacent ten-mile Interstate section is reconstructed and expanded.
- Besides occasional nighttime closures, ramps will remain open at County N interchange (Exit 147) via temporary connections.
- The following local roads under I-39/90 are anticipated to be CLOSED during the construction season for bridge work:
- County B – cannot be closed at same time as County W
- County W – cannot be closed at same time as County B
- Drotning Road
- County MN
- Alternate local routes are required during these closures. Access for emergency vehicles will be provided.
- More information on closure duration and timelines will be shared via this email list and the I 39-90 Project website.
- This section of the Interstate project is scheduled to be completed in mid-November 2018.
- All lane restrictions, ramp closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.