Posted: April 13, 2017
Starting Wednesday (April 19), crews will replace the Manogue Road bridge over Interstate 39/90, near the Janesville Rest Area in Rock County.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start next Friday (April 21), and continue through the 2017 construction season.
- Be sure to inform family, friends and co-workers who may travel the area and encourage them to sign up for project email updates.
- The Manogue Road bridge over I-39/90 will be closed to all traffic starting Wednesday (April 19) until late August 2017.
- Alternate local routes are required during the bridge closure.
- In early May, the Manogue Road bridge will be removed for approximately four months as crews build the new bridge in the same location.
- Noise from construction equipment and backup alarms is expected for two or three nights during the bridge removal.
- I-39/90 will remain open to two lanes in each direction during daytime hours.
- Periodic nighttime single lane closures will occur between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- This project will improve safety, meet current design standards and lengthen the bridge over I-39/90 to accommodate the Interstate expansion from Beloit to Madison.
- All lane restrictions, bridge closure and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
This project is scheduled to be completed in late August 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.