Posted: March 5, 2020
Work has begun on I-39/90 between the US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange and County AB near Madison. The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph in the northbound direction and nightly lane closures are underway in preparation for next week’s I-39/90 southbound traffic shift within these limits.
To accommodate the switch, the eastbound Beltline ramp to I-39/90 southbound will be CLOSED from 10 p.m. Monday (March 9) to 2 a.m. Tuesday (March 10). Alternate routes are required.
What you need to know:
- During daytime hours and weekends, I-39/90 remains open to two lanes of traffic in each direction.
- Nightly single lane closures on I-39/90 typically occur between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Anticipated construction staging:
- Early next week, all I-39/90 traffic will shift onto the northbound side so crews can reconstruct and expand the southbound lanes between the Beltline interchange and County AB. Two lanes will be maintained in each direction, separated by a median barrier wall.
- In July, Interstate traffic will shift onto that new southbound concrete pavement as crews complete expansion work on the northbound Interstate lanes.
- A three-month closure of Siggelkow Road, under I-39/90, is planned for early July to early October 2020. Alternate local routes are required.
- Crews will reconstruct the northbound bridge over the roadway.
- The southbound Interstate bridge over Siggelkow Road was completed in 2014 and will remain.
- View the exhibit of the planned improvements.
- This section of the Interstate project is scheduled to be completed in November 2020.
- All lane restrictions, road and ramp closures, and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start Friday, March 13, and continue through the 2020 construction season.