Posted: March 3, 2020
Work has resumed along Interstate 39/90 from Kennedy Road near Janesville to south of the Rock River bridges near Newville in Rock County. Nightly lane closures are currently underway between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. within these limits. Backups and delays are anticipated, and please drive with caution as crews and equipment work near the travel lanes.
What you need to know:
- I-39/90 remains open to two lanes of traffic in each direction during daytime hours and weekends.
- Nightly single lane closures on I-39/90 typically occur between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Anticipated construction staging from Janesville to Edgerton:
- Early next week, all I-39/90 traffic will shift onto the new southbound concrete pavement as crews reconstruct and expand the northbound side. Two lanes will remain open in each direction separated by a median barrier wall.
- In conjunction with the Interstate expansion, crews will widen four northbound Interstate bridges spanning Townline Road; Wisconsin & Southern Railroad crossing; County M; and Newville Road.
- Approximate long-term road closures are listed below:
- Townline Road – mid-March until late April
- County M – early April to mid-May
- Newville Road – late April to early June
- Motorists must use alternate local routes during these closures.
- NOTE: The dates listed are approximate timeframes and these roadways will not be closed at the same time. More information on closure duration and timelines will be shared via area media and the I-39/90 Project website.
- This section of the Interstate project is scheduled to be completed in November 2020.
- All lane restrictions, road closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start Friday, March 13, and continue through the 2020 construction season.