Posted: March 6, 2018
Crews will begin to reconstruct and expand Interstate 39/90 southbound, from East Church Road, near the US 51 interchange (Exit 156), and the Dane/Rock County line near Edgerton. This Interstate expansion will be similar to last year’s expansion on I-39/90 northbound in this area.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start Friday, March 16, and continue through the 2018 construction season.
- Be sure to inform family, friends and co-workers who may travel the area and encourage them to sign up for project email updates.
- During daytime hours and weekends, I-39/90 remains open to two lanes of traffic in each direction with a temporary barrier wall separating northbound and southbound traffic.
- Nightly single lane closures are expected on I-39/90 in this area between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Anticipated construction staging near Edgerton:
- Work will occur on the southbound Interstate lanes within these limits.
- In about two weeks, all Interstate traffic will shift onto the newly completed northbound side via crossovers, while the adjacent eight-mile Interstate section is reconstructed and expanded.
- Besides occasional nighttime closures, ramps will remain open at all interchanges via temporary connections:
- WIS 73/US 51 interchange (Exit 160); and
- US 51 interchange (Exit 156).
- Lake Drive under I-39/90 in Edgerton is anticipated to be closed from mid-April to early September 2018 for bridge construction over the roadway (weather-permitting).
- Alternate local routes are required during this long-term closure. Access for emergency vehicles will be provided.
- This section of the Interstate project is scheduled to be completed in mid-November 2018.
- All lane restrictions, ramp closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.