Posted: April 20, 2017
Starting Saturday morning (April 22), motorists traveling on
I-39/90 northbound near Edgerton will encounter a crossover, directing them to shift onto the southbound side of I-39/90 as crews reconstruct and expand an 8-mile section of the northbound Interstate from the Dane/Rock County line to East Church Road, north of the US 51 interchange (Stoughton Exit 156).
What you need to know:
- In preparation for the traffic switch on I-39/90 northbound, the northbound on and off ramps at the I-39/90 and WIS 73/US 51 interchange (Exit 160) will be CLOSED from 10 p.m. Friday (April 21) to 7 a.m. Saturday (April 22).
- Alternate local routes are required.
- Also starting Saturday morning (April 22), the I-39/90 northbound on and off ramps will be CLOSED at the US 51 interchange (Stoughton Exit 156), east of Stoughton.
- The northbound off ramp is expected to reopen in early August 2017, while the northbound on ramp will remain CLOSED until mid-November 2017.
- Alternate routes required during these ramp closures. Signed detour route: Travel north to the County N interchange (Exit 147) to travel south on the Interstate to access US 51.
- The southbound Interstate on and off ramps at Stoughton Exit 156 will remain open during construction with periodic nighttime ramp closures.
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction on I-39/90 with a temporary barrier wall separating northbound and southbound traffic.
- After driving through this work zone, northbound motorists will travel through another crossover, north of the US 51 interchange (Stoughton Exit 156), to return to the original Interstate travel lanes.
- All ramp closures, lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change. The backup date for these activities is Sunday night (April 23) into Monday morning (April 24).
- Please be alert for construction crews and equipment in the area and drive with caution through all work zones, paying close attention to signage instructing drivers on what to expect ahead.
- Travel information on Wisconsin highways can be found at www.511wi.gov.
This section of Interstate reconstruction and expansion is anticipated to be completed in mid-November 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.