Updated: July 7, 2017
Early next week, motorists traveling on Interstate 39/90 southbound near Edgerton and Newville will encounter a new crossover, directing them to shift onto the northbound side of I-39/90 as crews reconstruct the southbound Interstate and bridge over the Rock River in northern Rock County.
What you need to know:
- In preparation for the traffic switch on I-39/90 southbound in this area:
- One lane will be CLOSED in each direction starting at 8 p.m. Monday (July 10) until 6 a.m. Tuesday (July 11).
- Also, the southbound on and off ramps at the I-39/90 and WIS 59 interchange (Exit 163) will be CLOSED from 8 p.m. Monday (July 10) to 6 a.m. Tuesday (July 11). Motorists are required to use alternate routes.
- Similar to the current Interstate configuration near Edgerton, two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction on I-39/90 with a temporary barrier wall separating northbound and southbound traffic. Southbound Interstate access to the WIS 59 interchange will be via temporary off/on ramp connections. After driving through this work zone, southbound motorists will travel through another crossover, south of the Rock River, to return to the original Interstate travel lanes.
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction on I-39/90 with a temporary barrier wall separating northbound and southbound traffic.
- All ramp closures, lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Please be alert for construction crews and equipment in the area and drive with caution through all work zones, paying close attention to signage instructing drivers on what to expect ahead.
- Travel information on Wisconsin highways can be found at www.511wi.gov.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.