Posted: April 25, 2017
Starting this week, crews will reconstruct the Interstate 39/90 and County N interchange (Exit 147), north of Stoughton in Dane County.
What you need to know:
- As part of the I-39/90 Expansion Project, the County N interchange will be reconstructed to feature three roundabouts to improve safety and mobility in the area.
- View the County N interchange configuration. (Note: You may need to zoom in to see details.)
- View the County N interchange, proposed construction staging. (Note: Dates are subject to change.)
- Watch the narrated animation video on the planned interchange.
- The interchange ramps (Exit 147) will remain open throughout construction, and access will be maintained to area businesses.
- From May 8 to October 2017, County N will be CLOSED to all traffic, between the northbound Interstate ramps and Rinden Road. Access will be maintained to local businesses and residences.
- Alternate local routes are required. Signed detour route: I-39/90 to US 12/18 east to County N.
- In conjunction with the interchange reconfiguration, Interstate expansion near the interchange will also start this fall and be completed in fall 2018.
- I-39/90 will remain open to two lanes (in each direction) during daytime hours.
- Periodic nighttime single lane closures will occur between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday.
- All lane restrictions, bridge work and construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start next Friday (May 5), and continue through the 2017 construction season.
The County N interchange project is expected to be completed in early December 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.