Posted: March 8, 2017
Reconstruction work is scheduled to start Monday, March 13 on the County AB bridge over I-39/90, south of Madison, in Dane County.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start next Friday (March 17), and continue through the 2017 construction season.
- Be sure to inform family, friends and co-workers who may travel the area and encourage them to sign up for project email updates.
- Starting in early April, the County AB bridge will be removed for approximately five months as crews build the new bridge in the same location.
- Alternate local routes are required during the bridge closure, such as the signed detour route of US 12/18, County N and County MN.
- Noise from construction equipment and backup alarms is expected for two or three nights during the bridge removal.
- I-39/90 will remain open to two lanes in each direction during daytime hours. Periodic nighttime single lane closures will occur between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- View the County AB bridge exhibit.
- This project will improve safety, meet current design standards and lengthen the bridge over I-39/90 to accommodate the Interstate expansion from Beloit to Madison.
- All lane restrictions, bridge closure and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
This project is scheduled to be completed in early September 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.
Stay involved and informed with the project website and follow the project on Facebook.