Posted: September 18, 2018
Maintenance work will be completed on the I-39/90 northbound bridge over WIS 26/Milton Avenue in Janesville from 7 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 22) to 9 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 23).
What you need to know:
- Both lanes of the northbound Interstate will be rerouted on the WIS 26 exit and entrance ramps to bypass the operation.
- 7 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 22) to 9 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 23)
- Delays are anticipated on the northbound Interstate during these overnight activities.
- Through traffic on WIS 26 under I-39/90, between Kettering Street and Morse Street, will also be restricted within the 14-hour timeframe.
- In addition, the following WIS 26 ramp movements will be closed to and from the Interstate:
- WIS 26 southbound ramp to I-39/90 northbound and southbound
- WIS 26 northbound ramp to I-39/90 northbound
- I-39/90 southbound ramp to WIS 26 northbound
- I-39/90 northbound ramp to WIS 26 southbound
- Drivers can travel south on I-39/90 to WIS 26 southbound, as well as I-39/90 northbound to WIS 26 northbound.
- View the map of the operations and ramp closures at the I-39/90 and WIS 26 interchange.
- Follow the detour route of US 14/Humes Road and Deerfield Drive to access I-39/90.
- All ramps will remain open at the US 14 interchange (Exit 171B).
- I-39/90 southbound will remain open to two lanes through this area.
- Drivers who typically use I-39/90 during the overnight hours should plan ahead, use alternate routes and allow for extra time to reach their destination.
- Visit 511 Wisconsin for travel information on Wisconsin highways.
- All closures, lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Please continue to be alert, eliminate distractions when driving and don’t tailgate in work zones!