Posted: March 28, 2017
Temporary widening work is anticipated to begin next week on Interstate 39/90 southbound, between the County S (Shopiere Road) interchange and the Illinois state line. Crews will also remove and reconstruct the Stateline Road bridge over the Interstate near Beloit.
What you need to know:
- Electronic weekly construction updates for this project will start next Friday (April 7), and continue through the 2017 construction season.
- Nighttime single lane closures are expected between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Traffic shifts to occur on the Interstate, between the County S interchange and Illinois state line, as construction progresses.
- During the temporary widening work, all ramps at the County S (Shopiere Road) interchange and I-43/WIS 81 interchange are expected to remain open.
- The northbound on ramp and southbound off ramp at the IL 75 (Manchester Road) exit will be periodically closed during nighttime hours. Closure dates/times will be announced through this email list and area media.
- The Stateline Road bridge will be CLOSED to all traffic starting Monday (April 3) until mid-August 2017. Alternate local routes are required.
- The structure will be removed starting the week of April 10-14, 2017, and rebuilt and lengthened in the same location.
- Noise is anticipated during the overnight hours from the bridge demolition, construction equipment and backup alarms.
- All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Remember to be alert for crews and equipment in this area, and drive with caution through all work zones.
These projects are scheduled to be completed in mid-August 2017.
Contact I-39/90 Project staff with any questions regarding this project.
Stay involved and informed with the project website and follow the project on Facebook.