Posted: November 19, 2019
Starting Wednesday evening (Nov. 20), a temporary configuration will open at the I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange in Beloit in preparation for upcoming construction activities.
What you need to know:
- Existing interchange loop ramps will be CLOSED during most of the reconstruction and will be removed completely by fall 2021.
- Motorists traveling on I-39/90 must use Exit 185 to access I-43 or WIS 81/Milwaukee Road (view the navigation map).
- Ramps and crossroad traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
- Drivers on I-43 should be attentive for reduced speeds heading into Beloit.
- To accommodate the overnight traffic switch, the following interchange ramps will be CLOSED from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday (Nov. 21):
- I-39/90 northbound to I-43 northbound
- WIS 81 loop ramp to I-39/90 northbound
- I-39/90 northbound loop ramp to WIS 81/Milwaukee Road
- Alternate routes are required during these closures. Left turns from I-43 and WIS 81 will be open to access I-39/90.
- One lane open on I-39/90 in each direction from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
- Backups and delays are expected in the area.
- Please plan ahead, obey the posted speed limits and eliminate distractions, especially when driving in work zones.
- All lane restrictions, ramp closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.