Late fall 2019, crews will begin work to replace the 68th Street Bridge over I-894. The original structure was built in the 1960’s and is seeing areas of distressed concrete.
- Click here for an Overview of Construction.
Late October 2019 – Late Summer 2020
- The 68th Street bridge will be closed to traffic during construction, however access to residences and businesses along 68th Street will be maintained.
- DETOUR: 68th Street will be detoured along W. Layton Venue, S. 76th Street, W. Forest Home Avenue, and W. Cold Spring Road.
- Few, intermittent overnight full freeway closures along I-894 will be required for bridge demolition, girder placement and deck pouring.
- With these nighttime operations, there may be some temporary noise. Crews will work to minimize these impacts to area residents.
Steve Kuhl, WisDOT Construction Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications