Work on WIS 47/55, between the Shawano County line and Duquaine Road in Menominee County began on Tuesday, May 30.
- Reconstruction of WIS 47/55 as a three-lane roadway with one northbound lane, one southbound lane, and a center two-way, left-turn lane.
- Moving the casino entrance to the intersection of WIS 47/55 and Standing Pines Drive, and reconstructing the intersection as a roundabout.
- Reconstructing the intersection of WIS 47/55 and the college entrance with a dedicated left-turn lane, a dedicated right-turn lane, and raised medians.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accommodations.
- Cutting the hill near the college entrance to improve sight distance.
A public meeting to discuss construction is scheduled to take place from 5 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 6, at the Menominee Casino Resort, N277 Hwy 47/55, Keshena. Attendees are advised to use the southwest entrance. The contractor will be available to answer questions about the construction schedule and how traffic will be managed. There will also a brief presentation on how to drive a roundabout.
Construction is scheduled for completion by November 2018. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.