Between Snow Street and the entrance to York Park, the WisDOT project will:
- Resurface WIS 46 (Keller Avenue).
- Reduce the number of traffic lanes to one lane on each side with a two-way left-turn lane (TWLTL) in the center by adding new lane markings during resurfacing.
- Upgrade the traffic signal systems at the intersections of Broadway Street East (County F) and Birch Street to meet current standards.
- Replace curb ramps throughout the project to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
In addition, the city of Amery has received a federal grant for the replacement of municipal utilities. That project will:
- Design and rebuild WIS 46 (Keller Avenue) from Broadway Street East to Hyland Street.
- Replace utilities, including sanitary sewer and water main.
The projects are being coordinated together to minimize overlap of construction activities.