Edgerton Avenue to College Avenue
- Reconstruction of existing pavement, concrete curb and gutter, and storm sewer
- Intersection of Forest Home Avenue and Janesville Road will be converted to a roundabout
- Box culvert south of Forest Home Avenue will be widened to the east
- New signals will be added at Parnell Avenue, Abbott Avenue, and I-43 northbound exit ramp
- Signals will be replaced, and sidewalk will be reconstructed or added
- Colored stamped concrete within median to enhance aesthetics of the corridor
To safely implement these improvements while maximizing traffic flow and access, two travel lanes in each direction will be provided on 108th Street. Also, left turn lanes will be provided at major intersections. Access to businesses and residences will be maintained during construction.
On July 23, Janesville Road and Forest Home Avenue closed from WIS 100 east to where the roads meet. The closure will be in effect until this fall to help expedite the construction of the new roundabout at the intersection. For more information on the roundabout closure, please click on the WIS 100 Roundabout Closure – Project Brief.
Curious about how roundabouts work? Or just looking for more information? Click here for WisDOT’s Website on Roundabouts