I-43 from the Rock County Line to US 12 in Walworth County.
The existing pavement along this stretch of I-43 is showing signs of needed improvements. Four of the existing bridge structures along I-43 are in need of deck replacements based on the condition of each structure. In addition, numerous other structures will undergo various minor improvements.
- Patching, joint repair and diamond grinding on 16 miles of the existing I-43 concrete pavement.
- Bridge deck repair on I-43 over US 12, Centralia Street, and County X.
- Thirty structures throughout the corridor will receive a variety of improvements such as concrete deck overlays and steel girder painting.
- Minor drainage improvements such as cleaning culvert pipes and repair damaged or deficient drainage structures.
I-43 will remain open to traffic during construction, however lane closures are expected throughout the 16-mile corridor. Additional traffic impacts associated with the proposed work along the corridor include:
- Single lane closures in each direction along the corridor.
- These work zones would be limited to approximately four (4) miles in length.
- Some crossroads that pass under or over I-43 will require overnight full closures.
- Short-term ramp closures will be needed during the project, mostly limited to nighttime hours.
- Long-term ramp closures will also be needed during this project to allow for bridge deck replacements and drainage improvements. Ramp closures needed at the following locations:
- County Road X
- WIS 67
- US 12
- (Efforts will be made to minimize the times when concurrent long-term ramp closures are in place at both the WIS 67 and US 12 interchanges. Detours will be posted.)
Mid-March 2020 until late fall 2021. (Schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.)