- WIS 20 will have one lane open in each direction throughout the duration of the project.
- County C will fully close north of WIS 20 for first half of project
- Detour for County C: WIS 20 and the West Frontage Road along I-94/I-41
Summary of Operations
Construct temporary pavement widening’s, temporary crossovers, and temporary connection between WIS 20 and County A.
- No lane closures required.
Construct County C (north of WIS 20) and westbound WIS 20. Construct medians and part of the roundabout center island with temporary asphalt.
- Traffic shifts to eastbound WIS 20 with one lane open in each direction. County C (north of WIS 20) is closed.
Construct County C (south of WIS 20) and eastbound WIS 20.
- Traffic shifts to westbound WIS 20 with one lane open in each direction. Bypass lanes are provided at intersections along WIS 20.
Remove temporary connection between WIS 20 and County A. Finish truck apron construction, central island grading, and construct northeast island.
- Intersection operates as a single lane roundabout. One lane is closed on eastbound WIS 20 prior to the roundabout.
Remove temporary crossovers and construct splitter islands along WIS 20 and County C (north of the roundabout). Construct left-turn lane on westbound WIS 20 (east of the roundabout). Remove temporary asphalt along County C (south of County A) and County A and construct shoulder.